Liverpool Vs Barcelona

Marked Ox

God like member
Hell of a comeback tonight to beat Barcelona. Superb awareness by Alexander-Arnold for the 4th.

Also, impressive rendition of "you'll never walk alone" at the end.

Remarkable game. Liverpool were outstanding especially without the 2 strikers.
Barcelona though dropped their heads after the second went in and looked shell shocked.
Liverpool pressed them from the first minute. Barca rarely get this in the Spanish league although Liverpool do.
After Roma last year this could have lasting damage on Barca.

Remarkable game. Liverpool were outstanding especially without the 2 strikers.
Barcelona though dropped their heads after the second went in and looked shell shocked.
Liverpool pressed them from the first minute. Barca rarely get this in the Spanish league although Liverpool do.
After Roma last year this could have lasting damage on Barca.

Liverpool played with freedom and a superb work ethic which as you say meant they pressed Barca from the off.

Liverpool made Barca's defence look pedestrian and very average.

Mane really stood up as a player today and led the line.

Also, it wasn't that long ago that Henderson was seen as a bit of a joke but Klopp's management has really seen him develop into a very, very good player.

But for me, the star player was Alexander-Arnold who is surely going to be England's starting right back if he stays fit.

I'm not the world's biggest Liverpool fan, but that was some game from them tonight.

It would probably be fitting for Man City to win the domestic treble and Liverpool the CL. They've been two incredible teams this year and had it not been for a couple of tight VAR decisions against Spurs, we could have seen them going into the last game of the season and potential CL final with little between them.

Incredible come back. Wonder what the bookies were offering on Liverpool reaching the final

Unbelievable game. Astonishing! Can’t help but feel if Dembele scores the fourth at the Nou camp it would of been too much. But fair play to Liverpool with there never say die attitude. Barcelona didn’t offer much last night, and you have to expect Liverpool will probably go on and win it now.

As for Anfield on a champions Lge night the atmosphere is amazing. I managed to go earlier in the season when they played Red Star in the group stage, certainly recommend going if you can get a ticket.

Last edited:
Unbelievable game. Astonishing! Can’t help but feel if Dembele scores the fourth at the Nou camp it would of been too much. But fair play to Liverpool with there never say die attitude. Barcelona didn’t offer much last night, and you have to expect Liverpool will probably go on and win it now.

As for Anfield on a champions Lge night the atmosphere is amazing. I managed to go earlier in the season when they played Red Star in the group stage, certainly recommend going if you can get a ticket.
I thought exactly the same thing when Dembele missed that chance. Messi looked gutted that he missed it, to the point of if you'd just switched on, you'd of thought it was a missed chance to win the game. Also looked like at 3-0 he didn't feel confident, but 4-0 would be game over.

Whatever your allegiance, you can’t deny that that was an incredible performance by Liverpool. Barcè were on the back foot right from the start. Worth pointing out that they had rested their whole first team at the weekend, and yet Liverpool ran them off the park. The injury to Robinson, and subsequent introduction of Wijnaldum was a real turning point. Origi isn’t too shoddy for a squad player either!

Maybe on my own with this opinion but I think last night's result didn't help spurs. I'm sure Ajax would have seen Barcelona go out and be thinking they have a real chance of winning the cup now. Spurs have a real tough game now against one of the best counter attacking teams in the world. They'll have to play a very intelligent game, going to gun-ho will just make it easy for Ajax. Will be a good watch I think.

Just caught up with the goals, the fourth is a thing of beauty, what thinking in that atmosphere ? and to see arguably the best club side on the planet switching off like an U10s side, wow ?

I’m no Liverpool fan but what a great team effort that was last night, and the supporters played their part creating a fantastically hostile atmosphere.
Also it was good to see the smile wiped off the face of Luis Suarez

Maybe on my own with this opinion but I think last night's result didn't help spurs. I'm sure Ajax would have seen Barcelona go out and be thinking they have a real chance of winning the cup now. Spurs have a real tough game now against one of the best counter attacking teams in the world. They'll have to play a very intelligent game, going to gun-ho will just make it easy for Ajax. Will be a good watch I think.

Ajax have a real chance of winning it whoever they play. They are a brilliant young side who play without any fear, should be a great final if they get through.

Ajax have a real chance of winning it whoever they play. They are a brilliant young side who play without any fear, should be a great final if they get through.
Cue a Spurs victory ?

It was a brilliant game, weird how at Anfield on a european night turns Liverpool into world beaters time and time again no matter the players, manager, owner, state of the stadium....

Mostly enjoyed Liverpool fans getting upset with Suarez's shithousing though. The irony.

Back
Top Bottom