Live music post-covid

Seems that they’ll sell group tickets and you’ll have to sit there in your mask the whole time, ten feet apart from any other group. It’ll be like a night out at bloody Jongleurs, only with extra space between tables. This will likely be the norm for a while, but the shows will have to go on sale in this manner to begin with and be advertised as such from the off to stand a chance of happening.
Sounds like last year's Sam Fender gig in Newcastle...

GettyImages-1266187301-1-1000x667.jpg

... Although the Flaming Lips' solution looks a winner to me...

Steve Hackett sold out in Oxford in October, but tickets left in Aylesbury

I see the BST superspreader gigs in Hyde Park scheduled for July have been postponed - wise move, as that would have been a huge crowd and probably with many people from abroad.

Just had an email to say that the Therapy? gig I was due to attend on 3 November has been pushed back to 14 April 2022 due to 'Covid 19 and the event not being safe to go ahead' - looks like the June 21 lifting of all restrictions might be tempered somewhat as we get towards it.

Still no news about the June 19 G'n'R gig at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium - must still be going ahead........

Wow, that's the first November one I've seen officially moved. @RyanioBirdio's heads up on the state of the industry is proving depressingly accurate.

I see 'Glastonbury' is doing an oline live-stream, one night celebration May 22 ....nice of them festival running folk to deliberately clash with the many grassroots /toilet venues who, after a loooooong lay off , are planning/ hoping to be putting live events on from May 22

Just booked tickets to see Therapy? in November on their 30th (now called 31st) Anniversary Tour.
TroubleGum what an album that is. Let a mate borrow the CD just before the first lockdown. Hoping to get it back soon
So G’N’R at Tottenham’s stadium on 19 June looking a bit unlikely then 😞
If you get in the stadium this year Ms Rose will finally be ready to go onstage 12 months later

Steve Mason cancelled his tour (including the O2 at Oxford).
Not officially due to COVID though. He was promoting his new album and has moved on from this and is now working in new music (the original gig was supposed to be in April 20)

Just seen this on Facebook:

"Dear all,
I am emailing you because of your recent support for the call in of the above application to planning committee.
The application sought a change of use of the upper floors to student accommodation as well as other modifications to the building.
We received more than 1500 objections to the application.
This application has now been withdrawn by the applicant.
The application was withdrawn following concerns from officers as we were likely to recommend refusal of the application on the grounds of the loss of community facility, the poor quality of accommodation proposed, harm to a local heritage asset and inadequate consideration of refuse storage.
Regards
[name redacted]
Development Management l Planning Services l Oxford City Council, St. Aldates Chambers, 109-113 St Aldates, Oxford, OX1 1DS"

Just seen this on Facebook:

"Dear all,
I am emailing you because of your recent support for the call in of the above application to planning committee.
The application sought a change of use of the upper floors to student accommodation as well as other modifications to the building.
We received more than 1500 objections to the application.
This application has now been withdrawn by the applicant.
The application was withdrawn following concerns from officers as we were likely to recommend refusal of the application on the grounds of the loss of community facility, the poor quality of accommodation proposed, harm to a local heritage asset and inadequate consideration of refuse storage.
Regards
[name redacted]
Development Management l Planning Services l Oxford City Council, St. Aldates Chambers, 109-113 St Aldates, Oxford, OX1 1DS"
Excellent news.

Back
Top Bottom