Live music post-covid

zoom is one that has been tried but anymore than a mere handful involved, ( some dj live streams attracts a few 1000 watchers/listeners), they want a sizeable fee to act as host ... assume similar formats are the same? .... fb is a real pain, however dodging the algorithms kicking in and being muted/ shutdown/ banned can be mildly entertaining in its own right (for some)
Zoom being essentially an app, it makes sense that there are limitations on numbers, but Vimeo being a website and video hosting destination could mean that traffic isn’t an issue. It’s probably worth a look at least. You certainly used to be able to stream through it...

Zoom being essentially an app, it makes sense that there are limitations on numbers, but Vimeo being a website and video hosting destination could mean that traffic isn’t an issue. It’s probably worth a look at least. You certainly used to be able to stream through it...
I'll pass that advice on to those who 'setup' DJ stream happenings, cheers @RyanioBirdio :)

Anyone tried Discord? https://discord.com/

Friend of mine switched after FB shut his group down for running raffles, not sure if it can be used for live streaming stuff or sure about numbers/generating income from it.

Sky did a PPV concert in 2010, Westlife LIVE from the O2. I didn't buy it, but remember it being advertised!

£14.99, think that was the only one. But I wondered why they didn't do this more often.

Sky did a PPV concert in 2010, Westlife LIVE from the O2. I didn't buy it, but remember it being advertised!

£14.99, think that was the only one. But I wondered why they didn't do this more often.
The difference between a 'concert' and a 'gig' ? ?

Have watched a few "live" concerts since the lockdown started, beamed from a concert hall around our way with no audience...pay what you want for a ticket with 1/3 to the band, 1/3 to the venue and 1/3 to a homeless charity. Had its charm, though nothing like the real thing. Also discovered a couple of good bands I'll support when things get back to normal, whenever that may be.

Have watched a few "live" concerts since the lockdown started, beamed from a concert hall around our way with no audience...pay what you want for a ticket with 1/3 to the band, 1/3 to the venue and 1/3 to a homeless charity. Had its charm, though nothing like the real thing. Also discovered a couple of good bands I'll support when things get back to normal, whenever that may be.

It's always a good day when a new band is discovered ?

Have a feeling one of Oasis’ gigs at Wembley in 2000 was PPV. Not my bag but I believe Liam was pissed off his nut.

Edit - may have just been on Sky One in fact:

Not my bag either, think they are bland. Sort of an angry Coldplay.

No problem with Oasis. They were a gateway musical drug for me and some of the early stuff is still OK. Supersonic is a great film too (although that’s probably more due to the film makers than just its subjects!)

No problem with Oasis. They were a gateway musical drug for me and some of the early stuff is still OK. Supersonic is a great film too (although that’s probably more due to the film makers than just its subjects!)
First album was fantastic, second album was great. Third album, well the title track was good. After then... Erm...

You are not my friend anymore.
First 2 albums good. But 90s music, sorry, gotta go Radiohead, Suede, Mansun. I'd argue that Suede have multiple B sides better than anything Oasis ever did (Killing of a Flash Boy to name just one).

But music is art, so what the f**k do I know... I like anyone who has a passion for bands, irrespective of who they are.

Back
Top Bottom