Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Will be interesting how we start to fit these players into our midfield.

I enjoyed Kelly dropping back between the CBs allowing Brannagan (and at the time, Sykes) to get forward.

The challenge will be getting those three, plus Gorrin into the team. Gorrin is integral for us so i can't see him being dropped. Brannagan is one of the best midfielders in the league - his link up with Holland on the left is starting to develop too. That leaves on space for Kelly or Sykes...obviously we can rotate dependant on opposition, but Kelly's ability to make line breaking passes and keep the ball moving is a huge asset to us. Add in the set piece quality and within a few games we could see him play the full 90.

KR is blessed with quality in midfield - he now has a challenge to fit them all in
It wouldn't surprise me to see Sykes rotated between the right wing and midfield and then Browne used up top (opposition dependent). I don't think Blackpool was a one off

Mate of mine who came last night suggested he looked more like a butcher than a footballer.

Indeed, the only way is to play Sykes on the right of the front three, Gorrin holding with Brannagan and Kelly in front of him.

Edit: Add Henry and Thorne to the conundrum.. and that is just the midfield!

Shame a multi-million £ bid didn't come in for a midfielder during the transfer window.

Can’t be bothered to mince my words here, but I think we’d have a good chance of signing him if he’s from Reading. Maybe Baptiste won’t be such a loss. Must admit I thought we’d never see Kelly, or that he’d be injured straight away.

Please refer to post 47 of this thread.
If you wanted something original, you could've said "our season may liver die on his set piece delivery"

Or.........no, I'm done....but only medium-rare, mind[emoji3052]

You'll get hung out to dry for that.

Back
Top Bottom