Current Player Liam Kelly .

Marked Ox

Agree Sykes was fantastic last night.

Kelly was excellent in the quarterback role maximising the use of the space. At times he was dictating the game especially in extra time until Brannagan went off causing a reshuffle.

Shosho

Will be interesting how we start to fit these players into our midfield.

I enjoyed Kelly dropping back between the CBs allowing Brannagan (and at the time, Sykes) to get forward.

The challenge will be getting those three, plus Gorrin into the team. Gorrin is integral for us so i can't see him being dropped. Brannagan is one of the best midfielders in the league - his link up with Holland on the left is starting to develop too. That leaves on space for Kelly or Sykes...obviously we can rotate dependant on opposition, but Kelly's ability to make line breaking passes and keep the ball moving is a huge asset to us. Add in the set piece quality and within a few games we could see him play the full 90.

KR is blessed with quality in midfield - he now has a challenge to fit them all in

Jason N

I enjoyed Kelly dropping back between the CBs allowing Brannagan (and at the time, Sykes) to get forward.

The challenge will be getting those three, plus Gorrin into the team. Gorrin is integral for us so i can't see him being dropped. Brannagan is one of the best midfielders in the league - his link up with Holland on the left is starting to develop too. That leaves on space for Kelly or Sykes...obviously we can rotate dependant on opposition, but Kelly's ability to make line breaking passes and keep the ball moving is a huge asset to us. Add in the set piece quality and within a few games we could see him play the full 90.

KR is blessed with quality in midfield - he now has a challenge to fit them all in
Indeed, the only way is to play Sykes on the right of the front three, Gorrin holding with Brannagan and Kelly in front of him.

Edit: Add Henry and Thorne to the conundrum.. and that is just the midfield!

Last edited:

Marked Ox

I think it is a good thing that we have players who can keep the high quality in the defensive midfield role now so that Gorrin can be given a break every now and then. Kelly really did look impressive in there.

Gary Baldi

I thought Kelly looked a lot happier when playing the Gorrin role than when playing further up. Clearly he needs game time

Foley

And where does Henry fit in as well?
Sykes was very good last night. Hevwouod have been the obvious one to drop out until recent performances.
Maybe Shandon saw the writing on the wall so thought he had to move on to get a game 😀

Shosho

And where does Henry fit in as well?
Sykes was very good last night. Hevwouod have been the obvious one to drop out until recent performances.
Maybe Shandon saw the writing on the wall so thought he had to move on to get a game 😀
Henry on the wing....all day long

gingerox

Getting a bit of stick for his weight but I'd say when you're as short as he is you need a bit of extra 'bulk' to stop getting barged off the ball. Didn't seem to be too slow either, guess it depends what his stamina is like. Looking forward to seeing more of him either way.

Carpy17

It wouldn't surprise me to see Sykes rotated between the right wing and midfield and then Browne used up top (opposition dependent). I don't think Blackpool was a one off

BrockBuster

Mate of mine who came last night suggested he looked more like a butcher than a footballer.