Let’s show some class

Even more with Swindon. I hope Rochdale stay up as they’ve been on a good run and are fighting hard.
I have a feeling they will get walloped tonight and we will be safe unless they win by six or seven come Saturday
plus were grt vs spurs, inspiring side story about one of their players coming back from life threatening career illness. always play good football....

Only 13th. Think they will do much better next season although I’m sure Chesterfield and a few others might have some input there

Wonder if Blackburn needed to beat us to get the 2nd automatic place ( I know it’s more or likely ) but saythey didn’t would we laugh at those gobshites who gave it large about how they would walk all over the league?
If we knew who those gobshites were, yes.

The front two deserve the plaudits. Clear winners and good additions to the championship
Looking at next season I’d expect Sunderland to complete a rebuild and return at the first attempt.
If Charlton don’t go up I’d expect to see them strongly challenging if they keep,their best players.
I’d really hope to see Oxford in the top six before Christmas and strongly challenging

When we got relegated from the old Championship at the end of 98/99, I remember the last away game at Bradford where we got a very creditable draw 0-0 - they were going for promotion and this almost derailed them although they got promoted in the end. Anyway I remember the 0-0 score initially thinking that had relegated us and on the way back to the car several lovely Yorkshiremen took great delight in coming up to us and laughing in our faces as we all thought we were down. Some really nasty spiteful comments which I was really shocked at and have hated them for ever since ha ha. We (temporarily) had the last laugh though as we got back to the car and found someone (West Brom I think), had scored a late late goal which meant we were still not down, however even the last day 5-0 victory over Stockport wasn't enough to save us in the end.

Only 13th. Think they will do much better next season although I’m sure Chesterfield and a few others might have some input there

They will. They have a decent manager at that level, certainly in comparison to Steve Davis.

While on the subject of lower tier football, spare a though for Beano, currently on loan to Poole town where they are trying to avoid the drop from conference south. Playing their last game against Oxford City and having to rely on Hungerford Town.

Back
Top Bottom