League Two Let's all laugh at... Swindon

I read an internet rumour DiCanio is being considered as manager, Checked again in 'adver' its DiCanoi's assistant Fabrizio Piccareta who is in line not DiC- soory to mislead

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the first season in the Conference ( until the second leg of the play offs!)
But it became a bit boring in the third season
As you say games at St Albans , Histon Woking, FGR were fun.
Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy one single f*cking minute of the conference as I was ultimately a football league snob lol. I mourned for four long seasons and was a top notch mopey b*stard as well for the 48 months too! As for the final if we had lost that I would have probably urged on two hernia's I was that desperate not to go to places like Northwich Victoria* again lol.

However, I'm sure that many of our long standing supporters just minutes after the York City game finished felt the ultimate relief on the journey back home to just shut their eyes for a few seconds and visualise our football club's name at least back on the Littlewood's coupon!

*Unfortunately, Northwich was the first name I plucked from that dismal era...so apologies to any Northwich fan or resident as no offence was meant!

COYY'S.

I really enjoyed the first season in the Conference ( until the second leg of the play offs!)
But it became a bit boring in the third season
As you say games at St Albans , Histon Woking, FGR were fun.
I don't know how anyone could have liked the Conference days, awful awful time..

I don't know how anyone could have liked the Conference days, awful awful time..
I did say for one season. Some really good , unusual away days. Plenty did.
11k at home v Woking and some massive away crowds ( Woking away anybody).

I did say for one season. Some really good , unusual away days. Plenty did.
11k at home v Woking and some massive away crowds ( Woking away anybody).
Delayed at hour due to massive yellow following. Players come out more smoke bombs lobbed on. Scenes

I cannot stand Swindon, however I felt compelled to respond to your post.

I know 2 of the 15 who have been charged by WPC and I can assure you that they are not scum! They are lads from excellent family units, who support their local team (from west Oxfordshire) and they certainly did not cause any ‘violent disorder’. To that end, both individuals have been advised by their brief to plead not guilty - not something that is common in cases like these where CCTV body cam footage should be enough for the courts to throw away the key!

Unfortunately, there was a bit of pavement dancing and arm waiving at a Bradford City supporters coach and as a result, the police took a pretty hard line and arrested a number of them retrospectively in the days and months following. This stinks of WPC trying to set a bit of example given the current perceived state of football hooliganism in this country.

They may well get a ban from football if the courts take a dim view of the ‘evidence’ but to automatically suggest they are ‘scum’ is, on this occasion wide of the mark.

I know 2 of the 15 who have been charged by WPC and I can assure you that they are not scum! They are lads from excellent family units, who support their local team (from west Oxfordshire) and they certainly did not cause any ‘violent disorder’. To that end, both individuals have been advised by their brief to plead not guilty - not something that is common in cases like these where CCTV body cam footage should be enough for the courts to throw away the key!

Unfortunately, there was a bit of pavement dancing and arm waiving at a Bradford City supporters coach and as a result, the police took a pretty hard line and arrested a number of them retrospectively in the days and months following. This stinks of WPC trying to set a bit of example given the current perceived state of football hooliganism in this country.

They may well get a ban from football if the courts take a dim view of the ‘evidence’ but to automatically suggest they are ‘scum’ is, on this occasion wide of the mark.
I will never understand why trouble is treated so differently on nights out to how it is when related to football clubs.

However, I don't know the full story with the Swindon lot so don't know if the punishment is justified or not.

Didn't an Oxford lad end up in prison for a smoke bomb he didn't even let off at Plymouth away because the judge thought he'd taken an actual grenade into the ground? Mental.

The word scum is being used as to who the support not because of alleged violent disorder.

You know 2 of these lads from West Oxfordshire and they come from excellent family units? Does that lean they couldn’t ever be involved in an affray or whatever because of their background?

With respect to yourself we’re you there? Or was this then saying to you there was no violent disorder? A case of “ not me guv “ as they were just pavement dancing and arm gesturing?

I think the outcome will be interesting either way if found guilty it will surely be on video from the police or independent witnesses.

No they may not be scum but supporting Swindon they most certainly are.

Back
Top Bottom