League Two Let's all laugh at... Swindon

Wandering Yellow

After humilatingly losing the play-off to Port Vale, with their striker who was giving it large blasting a penalty into the Peak District, this is the league Swindon find themselves in next season:
AFC Wimbledon - Tiny Tinpot ground
Barrow - Tiny tinpot ground, miles away, grim
Bradford - Grim area, miles away
Carlisle - absolutely miles away
Colchester - miles away, grim town, boring
Crawley - as tinpot as they come, miles from Swindump
Crewe - tinpot, miles away, grim town
Doncaster - Tinpot, miles away, grim town
Gillingham - tinpot, miles away, grim town
Harrogate - tinpot, at least the town is nice
Hartlepool, grim, absolute miles away
Leyton Orient, Grim, at least they can have a drink in London before
Mansfield - grim, boring, away end rubbish
Newport - grim town, fairly close to them at least I guess
Northampton - hellhole but close enough
Rochdale - grim, tinpot, up north
Salford - as tinpot as they come, they have to play Neville's hobby
Stevenage - makes Chernobyl look nice, rubbish away end
Stockport - up north, grim, open away end
Sutton - tinpot, but may be a decent away day, tiny ground
tranmere - miles away, up north
walsall - terrible away end, closer to swindon at least

Absolutely miserable list there. No local derbies because their rivals are all better than them. Even Forest Vegan Rovers are better than them these days.

League 2 is as northern and tinpot as it has ever looked. Their manager has left, looking like yet another rebuild for them.

Next season will be their 7th season finishing lower than us, we may have a new stadium on the horizon and ambitious owners pushing for Championship football. How depressing can it get for them?

To compound the misery lots of their support will have to live in Swindon.

and their director of football has just walked… [emoji16]

After humilatingly losing the play-off to Port Vale, with their striker who was giving it large blasting a penalty into the Peak District, this is the league Swindon find themselves in next season:

Absolutely miserable list there. No local derbies because their rivals are all better than them. Even Forest Vegan Rovers are better than them these days.

League 2 is as northern and tinpot as it has ever looked. Their manager has left, looking like yet another rebuild for them.

Next season will be their 7th season finishing lower than us, we may have a new stadium on the horizon and ambitious owners pushing for Championship football. How depressing can it get for them?

You do know they have a History with Gillingham

You do know they have a History with Gillingham
I really don't think there's too much in that now to be quite honest. There fans don't feel the same way about them as they do Oxford and the Bristol clubs. It was spicy for a few years but honestly Swindon will take 500 odd there max.

and their director of football has just walked… [emoji16]

They’ll see that as significant I imagine.

Was speaking to one of their fans about Garner probably being off and he said he wasn’t too bothered as they had a DoF doing a good job so any new boss would fit in seamlessly…

with such arrogant and dismissive views of 23 other league teams, are you sure you are not a Sunderland fan

This is one of the most embarrassing and cringe worthy posts on here. There is taking the P**s out of Swindon which I can't imagine too many on here will care about, including me, and there is slating a bunch of lower league teams whose fans I have more respect for than those who live around here and follow Liverpool, City etc. Personally find it cringe worthy when any of our fans describe other teams as tinpot etc, particularly as some of the more arrogant followers of bigger teams have described us as that.

Its like bloody Micky Gray on Talksport after Sunderland won last week - "we were too good for League 1" - obviously mate that's why you were relegated and spent 4 seasons there - still there were some of our fans said the same about our non league years too
This is one of the most embarrassing and cringe worthy posts on here. There is taking the P**s out of Swindon which I can't imagine too many on here will care about, including me, and there is slating a bunch of lower league teams whose fans I have more respect for than those who live around here and follow Liverpool, City etc. Personally find it cringe worthy when any of our fans describe other teams as tinpot etc, particularly as some of the more arrogant followers of bigger teams have described us as that.

Doncaster keepmoat stadium is quite tidy

Doncaster and Stockport are ok. There could also be Grimsby, the town they forgot to close down, or Solihull (who?).

Solihull is not that far from them. Hope it becomes a regular Derby for them

A few teams on that list have suffered from uninspiring rebuilt grounds on the outskirts of the town/city. Not great for the match day experience.
I’ve enjoyed visiting Hartlepool, Carlisle, Layton Orient and Tranmere. I’ve not been to Rochdale, but it looks like a football ground in the middle of the community, and not too far from the town centre.

A few teams on that list have suffered from uninspiring rebuilt grounds on the outskirts of the town/city. Not great for the match day experience.
I’ve enjoyed visiting Hartlepool, Carlisle, Layton Orient and Tranmere. I’ve not been to Rochdale, but it looks like a football ground in the middle of the community, and not too far from the town centre.

Rochdale is a decent away trip in my experience but it has been a while since I've been.

I have cousins in Rochdale, the ground is really central and looks great; but I’ve not managed to go yet

Rochdale is a decent away trip in my experience but it has been a while since I've been.

I went to Spotland for a 0-0 draw that we were lucky to get. Tiandalli and Xemi played, we were beaten 7-0 a week later, someone had been sick on the train I got on to head back and it was below freezing with freezing fog enveloping the pitch.

It wasn’t a decent away trip.

I went to Spotland for a 0-0 draw that we were lucky to get. Tiandalli and Xemi played, we were beaten 7-0 a week later, someone had been sick on the train I got on to head back and it was below freezing with freezing fog enveloping the pitch.

It wasn’t a decent away trip.

You need to combine it with a stay in Manchester and then be the one throwing up on the train. :)

Bradford, Carlisle, Rochdale, Stockport, Tranmere and Walsall are all good away days.

Don’t forget we have away days at FGR, Wycombe, Vale, Bolton, Cambridge and Bolton which for me are all poor away days. Throw in Peterborough with their over priced away end.

Back
Top Bottom