Legends Return for Robbo's Big Day

Corporate_Clive

Hi all,

I get the impression from the club that ticket sales havnt been that good eg. KR trying drum up interest.

I am going, volunteering, hoping to make a great day.....Anyone else???? Any ideas on an expected attendance? 2000? Lots of walk up due to the good weather? Or will folk be on the all dayers @ home, giving themselves eating a bbq?

ticket office not being too helpful in selling tickets for Robbos testimonial (so I'm told by a couple of friends planning going)

and its only SSL open for the match ...which is probably the 4th choice to watch matches for most
It certainly is the coldest part of the breeze block.... which I can confirm, as that's where I sit ( with me Dad n Nephew)
forecasted hot bank holiday weekend, so lets put anyone going to Robbos testimonial into the coldest part of the stadium, that'll pack em in won't it?

I'd email OUFC, asking why only SSL is open for a match on a warm bank holiday weekend, but from previous experiences, it's a waste of time emailing OUFC about anything, as the question asked is totally ignored.

Besides, methinks Mr Mixter chose SSL to be the only area open for Robbos testimonial, less stewards required, etc etc . When Mr Mixter says something, OUFC agrees it appears. Hmm perhaps emailing the club, giving the name of Mixter may mean your enquiry is answered, not ignored?

the above aside .... here's hoping there's a brilliant support for Robbo at his testimonial

I doubt it has anything to do with mixter. When it’s fans organising it, and people volunteering to help it makes sense that only one area is open. And seeing the corporate area and boxes are also being sold it makes even more sense that the area is the ssl.

I doubt it has anything to do with mixter. When it’s fans organising it, and people volunteering to help it makes sense that only one area is open. And seeing the corporate area and boxes are also being sold it makes even more sense that the area is the ssl.

fair comment @Dave T ...I didnt realise it was a fans arranged testimonial for Robbo

however, anyone not in corperate area or in a box going to the game, best wear thermals...despite the temperature outside !
it is always cold in SSL:eek:

fair comment @Dave T ...I didnt realise it was a fans arranged testimonial for Robbo

however, anyone not in corperate area or in a box going to the game, best wear thermals...despite the temperature outside !
it is always cold in SSL:eek:
Not sure about that Sarge.
One of the hottest game I have been to (alongside Woking away) was the friendly at home to Leicester a couple of years ago. And that sat in the SSL

Not sure about that Sarge.
One of the hottest game I have been to (alongside Woking away) was the friendly at home to Leicester a couple of years ago. And that sat in the SSL
maybe its an age thing, and in recent times the morgue like ambience of the breeze block has got into my bones? ...both me n me Dad always feel the chill in SSL ( the old family stand area), dont think it gets much, if any sun, even when its beating down elsewhere

@amershamdave feels the cold at the breeze block similarly, irrespective of what area he sits in

That said, the cold at the breeze block, is nothing a few choruses of 'knees up mother brown' London road end style couldnt cure, on a safe standing terrace, IF the current sports minister wasn't so dogmatically against safe standing in England and Wales , or rabidly anti football supporters in general

Back
Top Bottom