Ledson

I was a bit surprised that he didn’t start and Blatantly obvious that we needed more bite in midfield to compete with the better teams. It was not the game for Xemi who got overwhelmed I thought.

Ledsons form hasn't been great this season. He's got it, we've seen it, but he's just not had it enough.

Ruffles has played well when brought. On that basis he deserves to play.

Xemi, unfortunately, looks as though he wont cut it in English football. The Spanish game, at pretty much every level, is highly technical but not too physical. Here, especially in leagues One & Two, you've got to have the physical to go with it. He just doesn't have that. Clotet was right to bring him in and give him a chance, but its not proving an experiment thats paying off at all.

Ruffels was terrible today. 2 mistakes and 2 goals for them (and I do feel sorry for him). Xemi, while wholly anonymous, didn't ish the bed like Ruffels did. I would bring in Ledson for Ruffels, only to not have 2 defensive midfielders in the team that aren't creative.

Ruffels was terrible today. 2 mistakes and 2 goals for them (and I do feel sorry for him). Xemi, while wholly anonymous, didn't ish the bed like Ruffels did. I would bring in Ledson for Ruffels, only to not have 2 defensive midfielders in the team that aren't creative.

Tbh not sure who’s was at fault for all the goals but think we gifted them all 7! But I do know Xemi was at fault for the first and was easily the worst player on the pitch first half.

Tbh not sure who’s was at fault for all the goals but think we gifted them all 7! But I do know Xemi was at fault for the first and was easily the worst player on the pitch first half.
It was Ruffels man who scored the header. He lost concentration because he was annoyed at himself, as we do, and the CB got an easy header. I hope we get another midfielder in with a bit of experience. It's all too naive in the middle at the moment

Is Xemi really on a 3 year contract? If so, presumably he must be on a low wage. If he is primarily here to complete his medical studies because Clotet is a family friend and is posing as a footballer to be here, that's outrageous. Worse still if he is holding down a place in the team when he is clearly out of his depth at the expense of keeping Ledson on the bench.

There's no other reason a medical student, who also happens to be someone whose family the manager knows, would be starting week in, week out when he's quite literally not even a footballer. The guy played a couple of seasons at Spanish third division level which is probably not even Oxford City standard, and is then handed a three year contract while coming over to Brookes to finish his studies, and starts playing every single game? It's ridiculous and farcical, and even though Ledson has been below par this season, so have plenty of players in fits and bursts.

Xemi has played under Clotet, so the "family" thing is nebulous at best. As for the rest, I'm going to need a bit of proof if you have it (I couldn't find anything online) as that's quite a hefty allegation...

This sounds like utter nonsense to me. I’d like proof as well.

Maybe something like Dunkley situation? He's rejected a new contract so PEP has decided to put him on the bench.Either way him and Mowatt should start in CM next game with Rothwell outwide.

Either he's going to be sold or Pep is trying to humiliate him over something. There's no other reason a medical student, who also happens to be someone whose family the manager knows, would be starting week in, week out when he's quite literally not even a footballer. The guy played a couple of seasons at Spanish third division level which is probably not even Oxford City standard, and is then handed a three year contract while coming over to Brookes to finish his studies, and starts playing every single game? It's ridiculous and farcical, and even though Ledson has been below par this season, so have plenty of players in fits and bursts.

If I were him I'd want out immediately. No way would I take being dropped for Xemi on the chin, and for about the fourth or fifth game in a row at that. At least he's actually a professional footballer with about 80+ pro games under his belt between us and Cambridge. Xemi is just a family friend who some absurd, egotistical maniac of a manager seems to want to play at any cost.

I'm all for people having a rant, and Christ, they're deserved - but you are going to have to back this up with something more than just personal snipping I'm afraid!

Brookes don't offer medical studies , many Medical Schools do not accept transfers,the Workload at Times is horrendous, No way could a Footballer manage Both

Brookes don't offer medical studies , many Medical Schools do not accept transfers,the Workload at Times is horrendous, No way could a Footballer manage Both

Didn't Ceri Evans (sp) combine medical studies, playing for us and NZ at the same time? The rumour still sounds like nonsense to me though regardless of whether my memory is correct!!!

Ceri was a rhodes scholar who came to study experimental psychology,he already had a degree from New. Zealand

Either he's going to be sold or Pep is trying to humiliate him over something. There's no other reason a medical student, who also happens to be someone whose family the manager knows, would be starting week in, week out when he's quite literally not even a footballer. The guy played a couple of seasons at Spanish third division level which is probably not even Oxford City standard, and is then handed a three year contract while coming over to Brookes to finish his studies, and starts playing every single game? It's ridiculous and farcical, and even though Ledson has been below par this season, so have plenty of players in fits and bursts.

If I were him I'd want out immediately. No way would I take being dropped for Xemi on the chin, and for about the fourth or fifth game in a row at that. At least he's actually a professional footballer with about 80+ pro games under his belt between us and Cambridge. Xemi is just a family friend who some absurd, egotistical maniac of a manager seems to want to play at any cost.
Mmmm

Like others have said- state where you got that information and back it up.

Some of that could almost be libelous ....

Surely if it was true, xemi would not be near the first team, keep him in the back ground, keep telling people he’s not quite up to English football just yet. Rather than start him for everyone to see, and risk ur job in the process