General Lease end date?

Training centre being sold seperately for 1.5 million. Preston could be buying it.

4 million is to buy the club and the ground. Wether they actually own the ground for that I'm not sure. It could be the same situation we have with are training ground?

Clubs selling stadiums to make a quick buck is something that will come back to bite the clubs that do this. All you need is a rogue landlord (and there are plenty of them out there) for the money you gain to not be worth it in the long run.

Whilst it's difficult for clubs with historic stadiums to do, clubs should be looking at what cricket is doing to try and generate funds. Are they selling their grounds? They're not, they're turning their grounds into viable businesses on their own. Look to maximise space for functions and redevelop it so you can bolt a hotel onto it and create non-football facilities that the community can use on non-matchdays.

What would OUFC do in that situation in terms of playing matches, though?
You may have missed the point.
It is a small comfort to OUFC that FK cannot count on getting planning permission the moment that the club leave Grenoble Road. However, it does mean that the club may have a little weight in their favour come the point when the licence expires and they need to negotiate an extension until a new stadium is ready.
As it stood, the club was over a barrel. Any extension of the current licence meant a renewal on current terms with all the financial penalties that entailed.

The point being that when OUFC have identified a location for a new stadium, they should be able to negotiate a period in which to remain at Grenoble Road.

All clear?

To be fair the lad is only passing on what no socks Nick Merry said, not certain why people are jumping down his throat.

He might have a point, Kassam is stubborn and will only sell if a deal is completely in his favour as he holds all the cards, that will be a bad deal for us so we will never offer that.

I don’t mind the Kassam for all the moaning, if it was finished and that train line was up and running it would be fine, but we will probably have to move and the current ground will always go down as a missed opportunity and a waste of money.

If he didn't think Firoz would ever sell it, then why would they agree a lease for so long? Surely the only thing you'd have in your favour is the fact that Oxford are the only potential tenants that could use the ground in its current state, and signing a 20 year lease makes it impossible for you to threaten to walk away and leave the stadium empty to force Kassam's hand.
The Licence Agreement expires on 20 March 2026. The Club have a right to renew it on identical terms except that the initial licence fee (rent) shall be the last amount reviewed under the exisiting licence. The present licence is dated 21 March 2006, the same date as FK "sold" the club to Mr Merry and the other board members at the time. The Licence was executed (signed) by FK and Ashwini Tawakley for and on behalf of BOTH Firoka and OUFC Limited. This suggests (and I may be wrong) that the Licence was presented to the Board as a fait accompli by FK when they took over the club from Firoka. If so, to get control of the club they had to accept the terms of the Licence. As they had nowhere else to go, what choice did they have? Perhaps Kiewhite who sees Mr Merry regularly at his place of work could ask him.

The Licence Agreement expires on 20 March 2026. The Club have a right to renew it on identical terms except that the initial licence fee (rent) shall be the last amount reviewed under the exisiting licence. The present licence is dated 21 March 2006, the same date as FK "sold" the club to Mr Merry and the other board members at the time. The Licence was executed (signed) by FK and Ashwini Tawakley for and on behalf of BOTH Firoka and OUFC Limited. This suggests (and I may be wrong) that the Licence was presented to the Board as a fait accompli by FK when they took over the club from Firoka. If so, to get control of the club they had to accept the terms of the Licence. As they had nowhere else to go, what choice did they have? Perhaps Kiewhite who sees Mr Merry regularly at his place of work could ask him.

I really hope the club don't renew the lease on the current terms. It will be the death of the club in my opinion, the playing side has comes on leaps and bounds, but we still have a sub standard ground that we are paying high rent on.

To be fair the lad is only passing on what no socks Nick Merry said, not certain why people are jumping down his throat.

He might have a point, Kassam is stubborn and will only sell if a deal is completely in his favour as he holds all the cards, that will be a bad deal for us so we will never offer that.

I don’t mind the Kassam for all the moaning, if it was finished and that train line was up and running it would be fine, but we will probably have to move and the current ground will always go down as a missed opportunity and a waste of money.
Thanks mate haha ?

Thanks mate haha ?
Surprised people are surprised, it is so obvious Kassam will never sell, like others have said if we sign up to a new lease then that’s the beginning of the end for OUFC, one thing is certain, the clock is ticking........

Back
Top Bottom