League One Weekly Wages 2017-18

Third highest earning fans in the league - would hope we’re pushing for the automatic places next year. Get those payrise requests in chaps.

That shows the average weekly wage, not the total spent, so it's even more impressive when you consider the size of our squad. I suspect we did have a top 6 budget.

Millwall and Preston did extremely well in the Championship.

Third highest earning fans in the league - would hope we’re pushing for the automatic places next year. Get those payrise requests in chaps.
REAlly interesting. Confirms my view that Wimbledon are the hipster hoofers

• React
Reactions: MJB

That quince-eating lot in the Bird skew the numbers.

Us plebs are on a pittance compared to them.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Where have they got the figues for player wages though? Can't imagine they have a solid source, and without that it all seems a bit pointless

Bury are pretty bad as well.

Much respect due to Shrewsbury though.

If the research is accurate, 3rd position with the 3rd lowest wage bill. Growing evidence that Paul Hurst may be an outstanding manager......
I understand he had an excellent track record in non-league. Worked his up. Respect.

Much respect for Daryl as well looks like he did try to give us that top 6 buget he talked about. And although not backed with transfer fees it shows how poor Pep was in wasting it.
I agree. Well done DE. Pity he hired the wrong man to spend it. DE to blame, not Pep.

1) KR and Charlton had 2nd highest budget. CAFC were not 2nd in the league when KR was head hunted by Tiger. Erm. Interesting.

2) Excellent seasons Brentford, Millwall, Preston and CW. Just shows what a good manager he is and how IMO unfairly treated by the majority of our fans. I understand he was never backed and had to rely on loans etc...

3) The numbers suggest that a strong dressing room, is more important than a "rich" dressing room.

Lastly. Good luck to SD and CM. What a basket case AFC Sunderland are.

As they say in the City "dont try to catch a falling knife".

Astonishing how Accrington performed on the lowest wage bill in L2. Assuming they will not be able to increase the money much in L1 then Coleman will need to work incredibly hard to keep them up next season.

I shudder to think what Tiendalli,Pekalski,Mehmeti,Van Kessel,Xemi & Williamson were/are all earning.

Wow, MK and Northampton had a top 7 wage and got relegated!

The table shows how Pep had wasted a shed load of our cash on crap players!

Astonishing how Accrington performed on the lowest wage bill in L2. Assuming they will not be able to increase the money much in L1 then Coleman will need to work incredibly hard to keep them up next season.

If they finish rock bottom of the league, they’ll get six points from us at least ;)

I've been very loosely following the exploits of the Cowley bros @ Lincoln City this season. Their Chairman claimed that reaching the playoffs was exceptional as they estimated that they had the 15th/16th largest budget in L2. This table shows them as the 2nd highest spender. Questionable data?

Where have they got the figues for player wages though? Can't imagine they have a solid source, and without that it all seems a bit pointless
METHODOLOGY

For the 20 Premier League clubs, we took average weekly salary figures from the 2017 Global Sports Salary Survey. For the 72 EFL clubs, we looked at weekly wage data from the 2018 edition of Football Manager, taking an average of each team’s first team squad’s weekly earnings. The data from the game has been applauded on numerous occasions for its accuracy, and is even a recognised scouting system for clubs, as a result of their 1,300 researchers across the globe.

METHODOLOGY

For the 20 Premier League clubs, we took average weekly salary figures from the 2017 Global Sports Salary Survey. For the 72 EFL clubs, we looked at weekly wage data from the 2018 edition of Football Manager, taking an average of each team’s first team squad’s weekly earnings. The data from the game has been applauded on numerous occasions for its accuracy, and is even a recognised scouting system for clubs, as a result of their 1,300 researchers across the globe.

I’m afraid that methodology cannot be trusted. Shame. It was interesting for a bit

Back
Top Bottom