League One League One Signings - Summer 2019

They’re close to a takeover. If they get their act in gear with significant investment we could be competing with them over targets. They’ll have to bring a lot of players in in a relatively short time.

I believe they will still be under a transfer embargo based on what I've read and seems to be accepted on their forum. And iirc, the new owners have only offered £1m investment on top of the club's income.

I believe they will still be under a transfer embargo based on what I've read and seems to be accepted on their forum. And iirc, the new owners have only offered £1m investment on top of the club's income.
Ah ok, tough times ahead for them then, unless they can find some loophole or the EFL are lenient with them. Its interesting how clubs in this situation always seem to be able to get a competitive squad together somehow.

If they will still be under a transfer embargo and (as the post above indicates) they only have 7 players on the books …. I think they have a problem!

If they will still be under a transfer embargo and (as the post above indicates) they only have 7 players on the books …. I think they have a problem!

Yes especially as they are still waiting for confirmation of what the final points deduction will be. They have a maximum squad size (not sure what it is though), can sign non attached players/loan players/free transfers iirc but all signings have to be approved by the League.

Yes especially as they are still waiting for confirmation of what the final points deduction will be. They have a maximum squad size (not sure what it is though), can sign non attached players/loan players/free transfers iirc but all signings have to be approved by the League.
You'd think they have to be one of the candidates for the drop next season (I'll be glad when I can say 'this' season!) unless their recruitment dept does some very very good work over the next few weeks.

You'd think they have to be one of the candidates for the drop next season (I'll be glad when I can say 'this' season!) unless their recruitment dept does some very very good work over the next few weeks.

Especially if they get a 9 points deduction for not playing the game last season on top of the 12 point "admin" deduction.

Especially if they get a 9 points deduction for not playing the game last season on top of the 12 point "admin" deduction.
That has gone quiet.
I know that the FL are trying to keep Bolton going, but they will set a dangerous precedent if Bolton do NOT get the further deduction.

I'd forgotten all about that! Blimey, a potential 21 point deduction. Who'd be a Bolton supporter/player/owner?

I'd forgotten all about that! Blimey, a potential 21 point deduction. Who'd be a Bolton supporter/player/owner?

I think they got to a point that having a club that was still going without that owner was an absolute positive. Although the general gist isobviously they are hoping they don't get a further deduction; but iirc that game being abandoned like that was a first so they are resigned to a further deduction of some kind in the main from what I've read.

I think they got to a point that having a club that was still going without that owner was an absolute positive. Although the general gist isobviously they are hoping they don't get a further deduction; but iirc that game being abandoned like that was a first so they are resigned to a further deduction of some kind in the main from what I've read.
I cannot believe that anybody would want that to happen but, the rules are the rules. The only good part is, as you say, they are rid of their last owner and can perhaps now move on.

I cannot believe that anybody would want that to happen but, the rules are the rules. The only good part is, as you say, they are rid of their last owner and can perhaps now move on.

All the rules, penalties, charges are against the club for the future manager, players and long term supporters to suffer the consequences meanwhile the last owner, quietly disappears in to the sunset.
I really wish the FA, EFL, the administrator, DTI, IoD (Institute of Directors, if there is such an organisation!) would come down hard on these owners ban him from good from football, ban him from being a Company Director ever again, make him personally liability for every debt incurred on the football club during his tenure.
The legal structure of a Football Club has to change from merely being a family owned Limited Company to something else with a lot more stringent conditions where the owners are more personally liable for the debts and consequences of their actions and responsibility of reporting to a compliance led organisation.

Sunderland apparently expecting their first transfer in today. Out of contract, personal terms agreed. Not Chris Cadden as far as I know!

Back
Top Bottom