League One League One released/transfer listed players 2018/19

captainox

Important to remember that although the official term is "released", this includes players who have chosen not to sign contracts offered to them.

Accrington Stanley
Released: Liam Nolan, Danny Williams, Will Wood.
In Negotiations: Scott Brown, Jonny Maxted.

AFC Wimbledon
Released: Deji Oshilaja, Andy Barcham, Tom Soares, Alfie Egan, Osaze Urhoghide, James O’Halloran, Kane Crichlow

Barnsley
Released: Lloyd Isgrove, Zeki Fryers, Adam Jackson, Mateo Aramburu, Tai-Reece Chisholm, Dan McBeam, Elvis Otim, Cameron Simpson, Louis Walsh, Louis Wardle.

Blackpool
Released: Max Clayton, Mark Cullen, Donervon Daniels, Chris Long, John O’Sullivanc, Scott Quigley, Fin Sinclair-Smith, Chris Taylor

Bradford City
Released: Paul Caddis, Adam Chicksen, Tom Clare, Billy Clarke, Callum Gunner, Cameron Hawkes, Alex Jones, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Ryan McGowan, Ben Wilson, Calum Woods.

Bristol Rovers
Released: Adam Smith, Sam Slocombe, Tom Lockyer, Daniel Leadbitter, Alfie Clarke, Stuart Sinclair, Chris Lines, Connor Jones, Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist, James Spruce.

Burton Albion
Released: Harry Campbell, Damien McCrory, Kyle McFadzean, Will Miller.
In Negotiations: John Brayford, Jake Buxton.

Coventry City
Released: Tony Andreau, Stuart Beavon, Lee Burge, Chris Camwell, Tom Davies, Reece Ford, Jack Grimmer, Liam O'brien, Billy Stedman

Doncaster Rovers
Released: Marko Marosi, Alfie Beestin, Tyler Garratt, Luke McCullough, Liam Mandeville.
Transfer Listed: Will Longbottom, Alex Kiwomya.

Fleetwood Town
Released: Ryan Taylor, Paul Jones, James Wallace, Joe Maguire

Gillingham
Released: Luke O'Neill, Alex Lacey, Billy Bingham, Ryan Huckle, Tom Hadler, Louie Catherall

Luton Town
Released: Alan McCormack, Luke Gambin, Jack Senior, Aaron Jarvis, Jack James

Peterborough United
Released: Lewis Freestone, Darren Lyon, Morgan Penfold, Ryan Tafazolli.
Transfer Listed: Isaac Buckley-Ricketts, Aaron Chapman, Callum Cooke, Mark O'Hara, Matt Stevens.

Plymouth Argyle
Released: Lionel Ainsworth, Paul Anderson, Alex Battle, Ryan Edwards, Harry Hodges, Jamie Ness, Dan Rooney.

Portsmouth
Released: Dion Donohue, Dan Smith.

Rochdale
Released: Bradden Inman, Jordan Williams

Scunthorpe United
Released: Byron Webster, Josh Morris, Jonathan Flatt.

Shrewsbury Town
Released: George Hughes, Doug Loft, John Mcatee, Mat Sandler, Christos Shelis

Southend United
Released: Amadou Ba, Ben Coker, Josh Bexon, Michael Turner, Norman Wabo, Renei Batlokwa, Stephen Hendrie, Ted Smith, Dan Humphreys, Joe Mackenzie, Sewa Marah

Walsall
Released: Joe Edwards, Kieron Morris, Luke Leahy, Jon Guthrie, Zeli Ismail, Chris Dunn, Jordon Sangha, Tobias Hayles-Docherty, Isaiah Osbourne, Cameron Peters, Omar Mussa

Wycombe Wanderers
Released: Marcus Bean, Darius Charles, Paris Cowan-Hall, Michael Harriman, Yves Ma-Kalambay, Nathan Tyson.

Last edited:
Nice one!!
Although I think we should be looking more at the Championship lists and Prem U23 lists for better quality players.

Nice one!!
Although I think we should be looking more at the Championship lists and Prem U23 lists for better quality players.

That all depends on the budget KR has to work with. Tiger said it might be a little less, but then you have Erik and Anindya saying they want to get to the Championship. So perhaps more funds will be available to get players, that will take us to the next level.

Whatever happens it could be an interesting summer in the recruitment department. My opinion is get them in early, and assemble a good looking squad, and ST’s will sell well.

We could do a lot worse than Tafazoli, a decent player at League One level and there was some Championship interest in him at one stage. I remember him having a trial with us years ago, played well in a home friendly

We could do a lot worse than Tafazoli, a decent player at League One level and there was some Championship interest in him at one stage. I remember him having a trial with us years ago, played well in a home friendly

I think it was the last preseason friendly, less than a week before the first game of the season under Wilder and he didn’t think he was first team ready. He then went to Mansfield and did well.

If Nelson goes, Tafazolli would be a shot. Gets a goal too!
I just can’t get too enthusiastic about a player we’ve previously had on trial that wasn’t considered good enough. I accept players can improve though, Eastwood is a good example of this.

Edit: Ignore the above - I’ve just seen how important he’s been to Peterborough - what were we thinking first time round..?! ?

I just can’t get too enthusiastic about a player we’ve previously had on trial that wasn’t considered good enough. I accept players can improve though, Eastwood is a good example of this.

Edit: Ignore the above - I’ve just seen how important he’s been to Peterborough - what were we thinking first time round..?! ?
Was going to say, players change with age! ?

Edit: Ignore the above - I’ve just seen how important he’s been to Peterborough - what were we thinking first time round..?! [emoji16]

Its normally quite the opposite.

I was quite impressed with gnanduillet, jakubiak and especially mowatt this season and none of them looked anything when we had them

That all depends on the budget KR has to work with. Tiger said it might be a little less, but then you have Erik and Anindya saying they want to get to the Championship. So perhaps more funds will be available to get players, that will take us to the next level.

Whatever happens it could be an interesting summer in the recruitment department. My opinion is get them in early, and assemble a good looking squad, and ST’s will sell well.

I truely think we will be surprised with his budget and it could be higher.
With all the talk of a top 8 budget or so last season, maybe KR will not be talking as much about budget and that the big hitters on the board will be putting money forward

Ryan Tafazolli & Jake Forster-Caskey, two players out of contract I would like to see come back to the club

I can’t understand it, all I did was show my missus a picture of one of out potential transfer targets (RT) and she’s gone on line to get a season ticket..? 4AFAE0D8-13E4-449F-AA6E-ECFCD616C5A9.jpeg

I’d go after Chucks Aneke as one of the strikers we need.

I’d go after Chucks Aneke as one of the strikers we need.

Some handy players out of contract in the summer...including Aneke and Reece Brown.

Also, Lawrence Shankland playing for Ayr. We have shoppped in Scotland before, 24 goals this season...out of contract and only 23...

Scored 4 vs Dundee United:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom