League One playoffs

Grumpy Git

I hope Doncaster get thru. A desolate place up’t north with very little to make a weekend of it.
Besides Pompey, Sunderland and Charlton will bring a fair few to our place.

Maguire man of match coming on as substitute and surprise surprise he wound up the Pompey defenders ...

Love him, he just gives it to them. Any reaction could lead to a yellow or red. Canny lad.

• React
Reactions: MJB
That is a terrible crowd (their average for the season was 32k)
Why was it so bad?
I wondered why. I would of thought Pompey would have sold their allocation too. Only thing I can think off is was it on TV.

I wondered why. I would of thought Pompey would have sold their allocation too. Only thing I can think off is was it on TV.

Maybe the crowd trouble at the recent game between them at the Stadium of Light put some off. Even so it is still a poor turnout for them considering the game's importance.

Advantage Sunderland.

If either Sunderland or Pompey go up via the play-offs you’d think that they will need to spend some serious money just to survive in the Championship.

No wonder SD is looking for further investment now that Sartori appears to be keeping his hands in his pockets.

Charlton will go up I reckon, pacey, athletic, tight at the back and in good form. Going by Sunderland v Pompey yesterday the winner of today’s semi final has a very, very good chance of going up, that was a dire game yesterday.

Haven’t thought much to Sunderland the few times I have seen them play, I think the size of the club has made teams give them more respect than the actual ability of the players they have, might explain all the draws.

controversial decision ( by both the referee and nearest assistant) at Keepmoat.... awarding a blatantly offside goal,

referee Oliver Langford has issued 107 yellow cards and 6 red cards in 35 championship, l1 , l2 & various cup games this season.... and dropped a massive clanger in a playoff semi final!

Charlton should be the favourites to go up. Even when we beat them they looked a decent team and play good football. Sunderland don't concede many so I can see it being 1-0 Pompey in the 2nd leg with either an extra time winner or penalties. Pompey should have to physiological advantage having beat Sunderland on penalties, but as always it can go either way.

Back
Top Bottom