League One 2018/19 Preview

I haven't got the patience to listen for 20 mins, can someone who does post up where they've predicted we finish??
well said @mooro .... yep, Im not too interested in other L1 outfits, only the U's and how we fare have interest for me

Must say a very good listen. Enjoyable time filler on this miserable afternoon.

I must say regarding us I think as it stands I think we'll finish a few places higher towards 10th. But will be serious contenders with 1 or 2 strikers.

Predictions are all a matter of opinion though as I think both Bristol Rovers and Burton will struggle considerably this season.

Look forward to more pods this season!

Think Shrewsbury will struggle big time. Can’t see them finishing above us. Could probably make a case for everyone else that you put above is however.

Wouldn't think we'll be that low down - heading for my default prediction of trundling along in top 10/12 for most of season, just always a win or two of the playoffs with the faint hope that we can bridge that gap persisting until about Easter when the truth finally hits home. AT that point we either win the last three to come 8th or lose the last three to finish 13th.

On a more general point (and this is in no way meant as a dig at the OP) I wonder how often the myriad of those who publish this sort of list in national papers/sport websites/blogs etc actually go back to re-assess their list and publish a second article as to how well they did (or didn't) in their predictions.....? It wouldnt necessarily need to be a self-critical piece, as it they could still analyse where it went wrong at each club - eg. "...I predited Man Utd to finish 2nd based on their signings and potential partnerships. However as mourinho sucked the very living life force out of a talented bunch of once creative but now robotic defensive drones then their potential was never realised...."

That's not a bad idea for a thread - lets all try to predict the final table before the season starts then revisit it at the end and have a good laugh at each other. :)

1 - Bradford
2 - Barnsley
3 - Sunderland
4 - Scunthorpe
5 - Peterborough
6 - Portsmouth
7 - Plymouth
8 - Bristol Rovers
9 - Oxford
10 - Luton
11 - Coventry
12 - Burton
13 - Doncaster
14 - Southend
15 - Wycombe
16 - Charlton
17 - Gillingham
18 - Rochdale
19 - Wimbledon
20 - Fleetwood
21 - Walsall
22 - Shrewsbury
23 - Blackpool
24 - Accrington

1 - Bradford
2 - Barnsley
3 - Sunderland
4 - Scunthorpe
5 - Peterborough
6 - Portsmouth
7 - Plymouth
8 - Bristol Rovers
9 - Oxford
10 - Luton
11 - Coventry
12 - Burton
13 - Doncaster
14 - Southend
15 - Wycombe
16 - Charlton
17 - Gillingham
18 - Rochdale
19 - Wimbledon
20 - Fleetwood
21 - Walsall
22 - Shrewsbury
23 - Blackpool
24 - Accrington

Bradford?!

I see that Wimbledon and AS are already in the top two.
Sunderland and Southend for the drop.
Oufc in 14th .

Bradford?!

I have a feeling they may be the shock of the season.

I’ve already had my shock in someone predicting them as champions!

A rookie manager, restless fans, seeming issues in the boardroom and some eyebrow raising pre-season results make me feel they’ll do well to finish mid-table personally.

Feel free to bookmark this post when they inevitably do brilliantly and you’re proven right!

Back
Top Bottom