League Two League 2 - last day

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Cheltenham all but up, so it's a battle between Bolton, Cambridge and Morecambe(!) To join them.

Cambridge v Grimsby
Crawley v Bolton
Morecambe v Bradford

And the play off places are still available down to 8th place Exeter!

how is it Salford V Orient match starts at 4pm? ..... is it being televised at a later kick off time than all the others, on the last day of the season?

how is it Salford V Orient match starts at 4pm? ..... is it being televised at a later kick off time than all the others, on the last day of the season?
cos it’s Salford. and any connection with man ure means it has to be televised?

Torrential rain has delayed it m
it rains in manchester ...all the time apparently

delayed ko gives them advance knowledge of how the result of Exeter went, ( Exeter who Salford could oust in the final L2 playoff place )

it rains in manchester ...all the time apparently

delayed ko gives them advance knowledge of how the result of Exeter went, ( Exeter who Salford could oust in the final L2 playoff place )

Salford result is irrelevant as they now can't make the play offs. Tranmere, Forest Green, Newport and Morecambe in the play offs.

Come on Morecambe as if away crowds allowed it can be combined with a short break in the Lake District. Plus hopefully we don't get Forest Green* as the media will be utterly irritating about them again. Don't care either way about Newport or Tranmere.

*Of course now Forest Green will win the play offs.

Last edited:
Salford result is irrelevant as they now can't make the play offs.
fair comment ( Ive always been a bit s**t at maths ) ... none the less Salford had the rules bent due to a bit of rain

Last edited:
If the pitch isn't playable at the time then tbf it isn't bending the rules.
Convenient a bit or forecasted rain ( in Manchester) delayed kick off .... shouldn't there be covers that the gound staff can use, to ensure all matches kick off at the same time on the final day of the season? :sneaky:

Not to bad teams coming into league one next season, Sheffield Wednesday is a good one, we owe High Wycombe and it’s local, although Rotherham are obviously a bit meh. Cheltenham is fairly local, Cambridge is a decent away day and Bolton despite the shenanigans are decent sized club with a bit of history. League one won’t be a bad league next season, hopefully crowds will be allowed back in as well so I am quite relaxed about tomorrow, we are not in the driving seat so no pressure, if we make the play offs great if not I am already looking forward to league one football.

I hope its irrelevant to OUFC who comes up from L2,.... win tomorrow & 'Stanley slice up the sailor boys,... then go & win 3 more games UTM

I hope its irrelevant to OUFC who comes up from L2,.... win tomorrow & 'Stanley slice up the sailor boys,... then go & win 3 more games UTM
You forgot to add to your quote and that was to finish it of with “ also the scum to have a points deduction over there financial shenanigans this and previous season đŸ¤£đŸ¤£đŸ¤£

Convenient a bit or forecasted rain ( in Manchester) delayed kick off .... shouldn't there be covers that the gound staff can use, to ensure all matches kick off at the same time on the final day of the season? :sneaky:

I'm sure the Match Officials would have been involved in the decision. I suspect they are just happy to get the game done today.

Yet Oldham at home 12 miles away kicked of on time, no doubt the owners of Salford had the ref starry eyed

I'm sure the Match Officials would have been involved in the decision. I suspect they are just happy to get the game done today.
They had to win to have any chance and so all the delay did was take away any hope they had as other teams were already done and dusted and out of reach.

Back
Top Bottom