League One League 1 Transfers - Summer 2022 (non Oxford)

That’s a weird one, going up a league on loan?

Poland want him to be playing at a higher level if he’s going to represent them at the World Cup apparently.

Think Derby want to keep him, but that a loan will allow him to get time at a higher level before November’s tournament.

Whether he will actually play for Derby again remains to be seen I guess.

Poland want him to be playing at a higher level if he’s going to represent them at the World Cup apparently.

Think Derby want to keep him, but that a loan will allow him to get time at a higher level before November’s tournament.

Whether he will actually play for Derby again remains to be seen I guess.
Ah right, I thought it seemed a bit odd.

Ainsworth looks like a down and out !
Knows how to win football matches though with no senior keeper and only one Centre Back. Bolton will be a tougher test next week.
Were Derby good or is it just the normal KR start to the season?
You must be delighted Brannagan has stayed for now, best midfielder I saw last season.

Last edited:
Knows how to win football matches though with no senior keeper and only one Centre Back. Bolton will be a tougher test next week.
Were Derby good or is it just the normal KR start to the season?
You must be delighted Brannagan has stayed for now, best midfielder I saw last season.
Derby were nothing like the basket case, slow starting club I think people are expecting them to be. They looked good, and I don't think many will leave Pride Park with points this season. We matched them for 70 minutes and probably should have been ahead but we have a serious lack of depth at the moment and we basically lost the game entirely because of that. We wanted to take off an absolutely knackered Taylor but couldn't unless we brought on a kid. Last 20 minutes was all Derby and once they went ahead there was only one result coming.

As for Brannagan, you so rarely see the loyalty he's shown us in football nowadays. He's far too good for League 1 and we are really lucky to still have him.

Keep the top spot in the table warm for us, we'll be coming for it soon I'm sure ;)

Blackburn Rovers sign Peterborough attacker Sammie Szmodics for an undisclosed fee.

So many thinking transfer deals are easy and that we should just pay the asking price should look at this.

We had a deal virtually done for £500k in January but this was pulled at the last minute by Peterborough because they were also losing another player. We would have undoubtedly had another look this summer but we can't touch that kind of money.

But that's football, things change, players get different or better offers, others become available or the prices drops to something within our range. But none of it is a simply as some seem to think.

Back
Top Bottom