League One League 1 transfers - Summer 2021 (non Oxford)

Wigan sign Jordan Jones from Rangers, three year deal. Seems like they beat Sunderland to it, as he impressed there on loan after Christmas.

Don't know if that's more a sign of Wigan's financial muscle, or that Sunderland are finally doing some proper belt tightening.

Sheffield Wednesday have a ridiculous team for league one.

Going to be the toughest league since our promotion.

I think Wednesday look stronger than Ipswich now.

They’ve now signed Marvin Johnson with Stoke striker Lee Gregory close to signing along with Southampton attacker Josh Sims.
Wednesday have also signed Mide Shodipo, Dennis Adeniran, Lewis Wing, Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Jack Hunt and George Byers,

Add those to the likes of Chey Dunkley, Barry Bannan, Josh Windass, Sam Hutchinson, Liam Palmer and Dominic Iorfa and you have a ridiculously good squad for this level.

I think Wednesday look stronger than Ipswich now.

They’ve now signed Marvin Johnson with Stoke striker Lee Gregory close to signing along with Southampton attacker Josh Sims.
Wednesday have also signed Mide Shodipo, Dennis Adeniran, Lewis Wing, Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Jack Hunt and George Byers,

Add those to the likes of Chey Dunkley, Barry Bannan, Josh Windass, Sam Hutchinson, Liam Palmer and Dominic Iorfa and you have a ridiculously good squad for this level.
According to sky bet Sheffield Wednesday are 3/1 to get promoted or 8/1 to win the league where as we are 16/1 to win the league or 5/1 to get promoted

We've known from the begin of this window that teams are playing silly money for players. Rather than worrying about whether or not we can compete, we need to look at the squad we have put together (within budget) and how we can maximise the talent we have. Love him or hate him, Robinson has developed a unity at the club that gets the most out of the players - but also moves out those who don't want to be here.

I don't care what the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich or Wigan spend, anymore than I cared about Sunderland pissing millions away the last 3 years. It will just make beating them even sweeter!!

Back
Top Bottom