• Sheff Wed

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • WW

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zerothehero, didn't say we shouldn't discuss other team's styles of play or budgets but we sound like we are using it as an excuse for our own failures.
I have a small confession, wife's side of the family support Wycombe but im Oxford born and bred

We requested 4000 which we would have sold with ease. We sold the 2028 in less than 24 hours and MK managed to find another 200 for us in the 12000 empty seats. The tickets never went on general sale and many season ticket holders missed out.
It takes a real football fan to support The Franchise
you hardly get 4000 for home games ffs!

Last edited:
We requested 4000 which we would have sold with ease. We sold the 2028 in less than 24 hours and MK managed to find another 200 for us in the 12000 empty seats. The tickets never went on general sale and many season ticket holders missed out.
It takes a real football fan to support The Franchise
They only have to give 10% for a league game and 15% for a cup game it’s there loss for less revenue

What Wycombe have that is undeniable is a large number of players who have big balls. Dogged, determined and feisty characters who want to win and aren’t afraid to fight anybody. Just like when we had Hylton, MacDonald, Maguire, Wright, Mullins etc. We played much better football with those individuals than Wycombe ever have (having a pair of knackers and the willingness to get a bloody nose doesn’t automatically make you a clogger), but you can’t get anywhere without at least a few players who are willing to go to war.

The problem I find with them and what I dislike so severely about watching them is that they have almost no interest in actually playing the game of football. You can have a gritty side and a few b*stards but still at least try to pretend that you’re interested in the sport.
I thought the sign in the Wycombe tunnel Our House Our Rules sums it up. Make it dirty and ill tempered thats where they excel. Shows the American influence in the club. Whilst MK Dons succumbed to that style as we often do, I thought on another day Joe Jacobson could easily have been given a straight for his challenge. Whilst he has great delivery he is also one evil bastard. The number of leg breaking challenges he delivers and gets away with is unreal.

What Wycombe have that is undeniable is a large number of players who have big balls. Dogged, determined and feisty characters who want to win and aren’t afraid to fight anybody.

Hope this fella is at the top of our scouting reports.

216efab5f273edb1193d6bdf1e3b05ca.jpg

Jeff Woad could do a job for us.

I thought the sign in the Wycombe tunnel Our House Our Rules sums it up. Make it dirty and ill tempered thats where they excel. Shows the American influence in the club. Whilst MK Dons succumbed to that style as we often do, I thought on another day Joe Jacobson could easily have been given a straight for his challenge. Whilst he has great delivery he is also one evil bastard. The number of leg breaking challenges he delivers and gets away with is unreal.
Remember when MacDonald practically decapitated the Swindon keeper in 16/17 with a horror lunge and only got a yellow, while matey boy lost his rag and got sent off for throwing a pathetic jab in retaliation? Or when Wright and Mullins got around the ref against the scum the season before in the JPT, when Turnbull had a pretty tame leg swipe and managed to get him sent off?

My personal favourite, though, was when Dunkley absolutely wiped out an Exeter player just before half time on Boxing Day 2015, having already been booked prior to that, and before the ref could brandish the red card Baldock and MacDonald came sprinting in and started a mass brawl. They both got booked but the ref let Dunkley off to stop the game boiling over, and two minutes later at HT he was hooked for Mullins. It was 0-0 when it happened and we went on to win 3-0. Moments like that won us promotion as much as any winning goal that season, and there were certainly plenty of those.

We had form for knowing how to play the game, and they were glorious days.

In the home game this year Jacobson stamped on Mark Sykes right in front of me. Looked like it hurt, but it was done so the ref couldn’t see it. That’s what I dislike about Wycombe, the sneaky fouls, feigning injury, wasting time, etc. I don’t mind what style of play they adopt and obviously it’s commendable that they do so well on small gates but it’s just so cynical and joyless.

Jeeze! what a dull and drab game, Wycombe look like Barca' compared to these two at the moment!! zzz
Better defences than ours but neither match our wingers for quality or quantity. 😳

Better defences than ours but neither match our wingers for quality or quantity. 😳

Think you jinxed that Sheffield Wednesday centre back, Sunderland go in ahead at the break thanks to a goal from the Lochness Drogba as Sky just called him lol.

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom