League 1 next season.

Arhhh but ur not allowing for “our true position” taking games in hand into effect
Pardon? Northampton and Oldham (who are 4th and 5th from bottom) have played 28 games. The same as us. So to suggest that we could get relegated is in my view ridiculous. Factually we are closer to the play offs that relegation and even after games in hand are won (IF they are) we will still be 8 points off the play offs and 9 off relegation. They are the facts (I know that some of our fans would prefer to go on about relegation regardless of any sense in the comments)

Foley must have skipped that chapter of Charlie’s footballing Bible.

Is he on this forum, by the way? Last post I recall reading was on the old forum when he was in Dubai.

Foley must have skipped that chapter of Charlie’s footballing bible.

Is he on this forum, by the way? Last post I recall reading was on the old forum when he was in Dubai.

Some say, he’s grown a pony tail and is talking in a Swedish accent

And we’re 5 points off 6th.. possibly 8 if Charlton win their game in hand.

We are too good to go down and not good enough to go up.

But I guess opinions depend on whether you are a glass half full or a glass half empty kind of person.

After a recent 0-7 defeat; our best player leaving + lacklustre performances and historically once finishing 2nd bottom and getting relegated into non-league with 49 points I'm afraid I'm definitely ingrained into the glass half empty camp......

Last edited:
Nobody is saying that but 'only' 9 points?That is a hell of a gap. The sides in the bottom 5 average more or less a point a game (on the basis that after 27 games they are pretty poor teams) . So to make up that 9 points will probably take the bottom 4-5, 9 games. That is the perspective. On the basis that we have 6 points in 3 games in 2018 so far, who on earth would seriously think that we could go down (barring a catastrophe)
We are closer to the play offs than we are to relegation ....
History tells us thst Bury should have a very good chance of upping their average this weekend!

After a recent 0-7 defeat; our best player leaving + lacklustre performances and historically once finishing 2nd bottom and getting relegated into non-league with 49 points I'm afraid I'm definitely ingrained into the glass half empty camp......

Thankfully, I’m in the glass half full camp....

Some potentially exciting prospects have just joined. No one has left... yet. EDIT: ok, Payne has moved on but I don’t believe he was that effective of late.

7-0, whilst an absolute hammering and humiliating experience, was just one of those days.. It doesn’t happen every week, indeed it was our worst home defeat in history. I certainly won’t use that game as a benchmark for our season.

I believe there are a sufficient number of poor teams below us that would have to have an absolutely incredible rise in average point accumulation to kick on, coinciding with a catastrophic plummet by us. I just don’t believe that will happen.

We are not sat in the bottom 4 and struggling, so why assume that those teams who are (as poor as they have been) are still likely to perform better than Oxford for the remainder of the season and survive relegation?

What is it that makes people so positive about other teams chances but so negative about ours?

Last edited:
You sound like someone who just has to have something to moan and be negative about.

You sound like someone who just has to have something to moan and be negative about.

What? I'm entitled to my opinion on this forum just as much as everyone else. I admitted to why I'm pessimistic and gave reasons why. In the past I've posted positively where I thought it was warranted. If you want people to contribute to the forum then expect different opinions. Or is this now to be a happy-clappy forum only?

What? I'm entitled to my opinion on this forum just as much as everyone else. I admitted to why I'm pessimistic and gave reasons why. In the past I've posted positively where I thought it was warranted. If you want people to contribute to the forum then expect different opinions. Or is this now to be a happy-clappy forum only?

To be fair RATC has only expressed his own opinion about your negativity... Do you not see the irony in your own response?

To be fair RATC has only expressed his own opinion about your negativity... Do you not see the irony in your own response?

'opinion' clearly related to the state of current team. He offered no opinion on the team - just a condescending comment toward me (much like you have just done).

Back
Top Bottom