League 1 - Bolton, Bury & Coventry

What exactly is going to change? Who is suddenly going to come forward and pay Steve Dale oodles of money when they haven't come forward already?

If someone was going to buy them they would of by now, the FL would be better off helping a Phoenix club get off the ground for next season in non league than waste time on a dead club run by a con man.

If someone was going to buy them they would of by now, the FL would be better off helping a Phoenix club get off the ground for next season in non league than waste time on a dead club run by a con man.
They had a buyer but Steve Dale doesn't want to sell. Players and staff have been begging him to sell to a buyer which has been found but it falls on deaf ears. Steve Dale has around 30 businesses in liquidation or similar, it was his plan all along. If the EFL carried out the fit and proper persons test which they should have, they wouldn't be in this mess, but they didn't and don't seem to care either. Really feel for Bury right now, EFL deserve a lot more stick than they are currently getting.

On Bury: MP James Frith says believes the 134-year-old club's recent ownership history "warrants an exception".

And who can say they don't given that Blackpool apparrently do?

My head hurts. So we may have 23 teams this season, with 3 down and 4 up. How does that filter down the pyramid?

I know the emphasis is on Bury, but Bolton are playing a dodgy game too. Promised that deal would go through weeks ago, bought extra time to deal with the legal battles but still no obvious signs of a new deal going through. Then they cancelled their game last night because of welfare issues for their young players. They are saying that they can't play on Saturdays and Tuesdays because of this, and will hope that games will be postponed until they have a stronger side. They've had months to sort this problem out and can't keep taking the P**s. Either they compete with what they have or they go the way that Bury are.

My head hurts. So we may have 23 teams this season, with 3 down and 4 up. How does that filter down the pyramid?
Surely it must just keep going all the way down and down to the very bottom division in the Duck & Dog league 2nd division.

For once I agree with Joey Barton. The EFL have dug themselves a big hole by allowing Bolton to start the season but not Bury. Both should of been kicked out before a ball was kicked this season.

When Bolton do get kicked out I'd hope any yellow cards against them would be made void along with the goals scored and points. Will it happen? Probably not which again questions why they let Bolton even begin the season. Imagine if a player got booked against Bolton and they were on 9 bookings coming into the business end of the season, they got a tenth booking and ended up suspended for crucial games.

For once I agree with Joey Barton. The EFL have dug themselves a big hole by allowing Bolton to start the season but not Bury. Both should of been kicked out before a ball was kicked this season.

When Bolton do get kicked out I'd hope any yellow cards against them would be made void along with the goals scored and points. Will it happen? Probably not which again questions why they let Bolton even begin the season. Imagine if a player got booked against Bolton and they were on 9 bookings coming into the business end of the season, they got a tenth booking and ended up suspended for crucial games.
or another teams player gets a serious injury playing against their kids.

just seen a brief bit on the news about Bury. think that's the first time I've seen it reported on tv. got a couple of minutes and that was it

Surely it must just keep going all the way down and down to the very bottom division in the Duck & Dog league 2nd division.

I presume it will go down until they get to whatever league admits AFC Bury and AFC Bolton Wanderers for next year...….

Assuming the worst does happen - which is looking more and more likely - then this is the right year to be an atrocious League Two team. Won't be anybody relegated to the conference in 2019-20. Which is a shame, because otherwise we might have gotten rid of Stevenage!

I presume it will go down until they get to whatever league admits AFC Bury and AFC Bolton Wanderers for next year...….

Assuming the worst does happen - which is looking more and more likely - then this is the right year to be an atrocious League Two team. Won't be anybody relegated to the conference in 2019-20. Which is a shame, because otherwise we might have gotten rid of Stevenage!

Had to check that wasn’t a concrete bob post then.

• React
Reactions: m
So Dale is wanting Bury to go put of business as he can sell the ground? Is that what is going on?

Back
Top Bottom