League 1 - Bolton, Bury & Coventry

don’t get why nothing much seems to be being said about this.
do the efl think Bolton have suffered enough with the points deduction and will more than likely get relegated.
however you look at it some teams have been given a huge advantage by playing a weaker side and makes a mockery of the league.
i reckon the efl are going to face some big problems at the end of the season when it comes to who goes down, especially if Bolton manage to stay up

Just let it go. Focus all the energy on building AFC Bury and getting Gigg Lane back.

And as for this:

Why should a Conference club not get promoted so Bury can get a place in Lg 2? That would be harsh, not Bury having to rebuild in non-league after financially collapsing. The "wider football family" I would hope would now tell them to do one and rebuild just like Newport, Wimbledon etc have done.

No Conference side would miss out on promotion should bury return to League 2 next season. If they are allowed to return, the full normal allotment of 2 clubs would be relegated this season.

No Conference side would miss out on promotion should bury return to League 2 next season. If they are allowed to return, the full normal allotment of 2 clubs would be relegated this season.

He did correct himself on Twitter but at the time he definitely said that. It is irrelevant anyway Bury should be doing what the other teams did and rebuild in non-league or this farce will get even more stupid.

This is the most infuriating part of the whole shambles that is the EFL. The inconsistent and shameful handling of this whole affair.

If, as is claimed, Bolton are now financially clear to continue, then their accounts should be published. If, as is more likely the case, that their debts have just been moved around much like the deckchairs on the Titanic, then they should have been expelled along with Bury.

I suspect that the inevitable has been merely postponed.

Iirc, the takeover meant secured creditors got 35p in the £ for their debt whereas the unsecured creditors will probably have got nowt, whilst football creditors get everything. The Eddie Davies family Trust also wrote off £7.5m of their debt apparently. And yet immediately the new owners put the new £40m debt on the books (assuming it is true and Maguire does know his stuff), it is laughable and clearly nothing has been learnt.

if they get in the same position in 3 years they deserve everything they get

don’t get why nothing much seems to be being said about this.
do the efl think Bolton have suffered enough with the points deduction and will more than likely get relegated.
however you look at it some teams have been given a huge advantage by playing a weaker side and makes a mockery of the league.
i reckon the efl are going to face some big problems at the end of the season when it comes to who goes down, especially if Bolton manage to stay up
To me the EFL seems to have some major issues with sorting Bolton out they were very keen to give bury so many sanctions and finally chucked them out the league whilst Bolton can just have a slap on the wrist and told they can do whatever they like eg if they don’t want to play a match or two never mind there won’t be any punishment I think it’s because they used to be a peen team the EFL think the rest of us are not as important

Iirc, the takeover meant secured creditors got 35p in the £ for their debt whereas the unsecured creditors will probably have got nowt, whilst football creditors get everything. The Eddie Davies family Trust also wrote off £7.5m of their debt apparently. And yet immediately the new owners put the new £40m debt on the books (assuming it is true and Maguire does know his stuff), it is laughable and clearly nothing has been learnt.

So a league one (most likely league two next year) have been saved by going £40 million into debt? That will end well.

Eddie Davies wrote off millions when he was alive, Bolton Wanderers could well have lost over a hundred million quid to achieve fourth division football and bankruptcy by the time this mess plays out in few years time, they are going to be the dictionary definition of throwing good money after bad.

if they get in the same position in 3 years they deserve everything they get

Hard to see them not being in this position in 3 years, short of a miraculous 3 promotions in a row (even Jake Wright isn’t that good) to get the prem cash how is a lower league club going to service a £40 million debt with owners who haven’t got much cash?

Hard to see them not being in this position in 3 years, short of a miraculous 3 promotions in a row (even Jake Wright isn’t that good) to get the prem cash how is a lower league club going to service a £40 million debt with owners who haven’t got much cash?
It's just an utterly ludicrous situation that leaves the EFL looking like absolute cretins. Are they really suggesting that this new owner passed a fit and proper test? That saddling the club with a £40 million debt is financially secure? The transfer deadline has passed until January, they don't have anything like a full squad and are now reliant on the few players that have arrived (I can't imagine their feelings on this situation) to meet the fixture list. How soon before another fixture gets postponed due to lack of a full team? And what sanction (if at all) will the EFL place upon Bolton?

I'm assuming Tony McMahon can still sign for Bolton as he is a free agent? Decent RB who'll probably score a free kick against us next week. Good of us to keep him fit for them :) .

40 million pounds gamble to hit the premiersh#t in 3 years

I wonder what would happen if all
The teams that haven’t played Bolton’s kids like ourself refuse to play the match against them like they did against donny

I still think the FL will hit them hard for the two called off games this and last season, which will relegate. These new owners must be right chancers to have done what they have done, if I was a Bolton fan I don’t know if I could handle it being dragged out for a couple more years, it’s like removing a plaster slowly rather than just taking a one time hit of pain.

So a league one (most likely league two next year) have been saved by going £40 million into debt? That will end well.

Eddie Davies wrote off millions when he was alive, Bolton Wanderers could well have lost over a hundred million quid to achieve fourth division football and bankruptcy by the time this mess plays out in few years time, they are going to be the dictionary definition of throwing good money after bad.

Yes but you need to invest...

Am I missing something here, why the f**k would ANYONE give the famously bankrupt Bolton 40m of their money? There isn't a chance in hell they'll be able to repay that!

I think we are all also getting a bit unduly worried about having to be the first team to play the ragtag group of journeymen. That team will be useless for quite a few weeks due to unfitness and unfamiliarity. We may well be one of the last teams to play them in their shambolic state. While I agree that in principle it's absurdly unfair, perhaps we might even benefit from the situation, as our rivals will have to play a better organised, fitter and more familiar Keith Hill-inspired team further down the line.

To me the EFL seems to have some major issues with sorting Bolton out they were very keen to give bury so many sanctions and finally chucked them out the league whilst Bolton can just have a slap on the wrist and told they can do whatever they like eg if they don’t want to play a match or two never mind there won’t be any punishment I think it’s because they used to be a peen team the EFL think the rest of us are not as important

My take on the difference in the Football League's actions for both clubs is the information they got and when they got it.

In Bolton's case, they had a takeover agreement apart from the brinkmanship being played by previous owner, Ken Anderson over a debt between him and the Eddie Davies family Trust. The Football League actually giving a deadline stopped that brinkmanship. The Administrator would have been in regular contact with the Football League. That said, Bolton shouldn't have started the season until the takeover was completed.

In Bury's case, it appears that Steve Dale didn't bother giving any information until the 14 day notice period was almost up or if he did, it was pie in the sky stuff.

Have the Brazilians with £7 million bought Bury yet? If they were serious then surely buying them then trying to get back into the FL would be way to go, it’s almost as if they don’t actually exist.

The league have got stick (even from some of our fans on Saturday weirdly) for what happened to Bury, but other perhaps not being even handed in the treatment along with Bolton it’s hard to see what they could done, Bury were fucked, owned by a dodgy fucker and no one serious wanted to buy them, it was over.

Have the Brazilians with £7 million bought Bury yet? If they were serious then surely buying them then trying to get back into the FL would be way to go, it’s almost as if they don’t actually exist.

The league have got stick (even from some of our fans on Saturday weirdly) for what happened to Bury, but other perhaps not being even handed in the treatment along with Bolton it’s hard to see what they could done, Bury were fucked, owned by a dodgy fucker and no one serious wanted to buy them, it was over.

I think the Brazilian had 7m but it was in the Argentinian peso so worth about 50p.

He did correct himself on Twitter but at the time he definitely said that. It is irrelevant anyway Bury should be doing what the other teams did and rebuild in non-league or this farce will get even more stupid.

What other team?

Newport isn't the same club that was liquidated.

Bury has not been liquidated. The club that was promoted last season still exists. There's no "phoenix club"

I do not know of a club that's been relegated multiple leagues.

Back
Top Bottom