League 1 - Bolton, Bury & Coventry

can’t remember where he was linked with. maybe Charlton?

Burys game on Tuesday is going to be called off today (if it already hasn’t been), that will be 4 league games and one cup game, got ridiculous now, you would think the FL will be strict with there final date they have given Bury for later this month and kick them out. Just leave one problem club then.

Burys game on Tuesday is going to be called off today (if it already hasn’t been), that will be 4 league games and one cup game, got ridiculous now, you would think the FL will be strict with there final date they have given Bury for later this month and kick them out. Just leave one problem club then.
surely the cup game has to be sorted before the 2nd round matches start

surely the cup game has to be sorted before the 2nd round matches start

23rd of August is the FL deadline to provide evidence that they can pay the CVA and have funds in place for the season etc, the same stuff they have failed to provide the FL on every previous deadline including this morning, can’t see that changing in a week so unless the FL completely bottle it and offer an extension I reckon they are gone.

Not letting them play has made it easier to kick them out though, so I suspect that that’s it for Bury.

The only hope for Bury survival now is if Dale agrees a sale within the next week.
If they get expelled from EFL, I suspect they now have nowhere else to go. Even if they wanted to reform and start again further down the pyramid, all those leagues are already well under way. Unlikely Bury would be allowed to join at this stage.

Unless football ventures can get the hotel then I fear that their bid for Bolton will evaporate as well.

The youth team lost 5-2 to Rochdale and they will be relying on those same players for Saturday and Tuesday next week which is nice for Tranmere and Doncaster.

The fans seem to think football ventures do not have the money to run the club as a going concern so this could be just enough can of worms...

The EFL should have acted much quicker but now find themselves in a position in which they have no control of and could result in them terminating a club which I understand no one wants to be held accountable for but there are 22 other teams to think of as well.

The only hope for Bury survival now is if Dale agrees a sale within the next week.
If they get expelled from EFL, I suspect they now have nowhere else to go. Even if they wanted to reform and start again further down the pyramid, all those leagues are already well under way. Unlikely Bury would be allowed to join at this stage.

If they get kicked out this season is over, then it’s start again well down the pyramid with a fans/phoenix club next season, absolutely no chance would any league let them in now.

If they get kicked out this season is over, then it’s start again well down the pyramid with a fans/phoenix club next season, absolutely no chance would any league let them in now.

Yep, North West Counties I would expect.

It will be interesting to see at what point the EFL start giving Bolton deadlines. Part of me would like to see every chance given to clubs to stay afloat (it could have been us not that long ago!). But if they're going to kick Bury out then Bolton shouldn't be allowed to drag it out forever while a deal is discussed in the background.

Five matches postponed for Bury now. If they are allowed to continue this might mean they have to play catch up over a short time with the likelihood of losing all those games in a short while. - 27 points potentially and a relegation place virtually assured.
What a woeful start and finish that would be

Wow - Chairman says to his player, you've been paid 50% of your wages by the PFA for the last 4 months, player says he hasn't received these payments......whether true or not, the fact that the Chairman is relying on others to pay his players a % of wages says it all!

Wow, the Bury chairman is a right snake oil salesman. What c**t. I wouldn’t believe it was daylight at midday if he told me.
If players are not getting paid by clubs, the PFA should be stepping in and doing more.
I really feel for Dawson, two months money in 6 months, that is a breach of his contract, players should have the ability to walk away with the PFA supporting them.
Dale is a lying piece of s**t, another con man trying it on, who was sanctioned by the EFL who sit back and enjoy their large salaries.

Back
Top Bottom