League 1 - Bolton, Bury & Coventry

what annoys me is we wouldn’t be allowed to play our kids in the p#sspot trophy but the efl are allowing Bolton to put out a weakened side in league games.
can’t see any of this ending well
Exactly, nothing is consistent with the EFL management. The possibility of a club folding has been imminent for ages. Why have the EFL not had hard and fast rules and actions in place to deal with this. They are stumbling on day to day, watching and waiting for some sort of rescue package to be presented. Will they give proper due diligence to whether the new prospective owners are fit and proper, or will they just sanction a deal to keep things quiet?
Tossers.

Perhaps Dale should put a bid in for Bolton and Venture partners (or whoever) put a bid in for Bury - sell to each other, EFL let them both through the FPP Test - and all is sorted.....until next time

The more I hear from this Steve Dale fellow, the more he seems like a right piece-of-work.

"So the £3.2m that's needed for the CVA needs to be met by the new owner, not me. They've got to take the responsibility of it off me.

"The things that I've paid for that the club needs to sustain itself, they need to reimburse me for what I've paid out, and for the seven months of hell that me and my family have had, they've got to make an offer for that,"

I can't find any information about what the terms of the CVA actually were - but presumably all the club's creditors agreed to accept a fraction of what they are owed. But Dale? Oh no, he needs to be paid in full and then paid for his own personal suffering!

Seems to me that anyone who's willing to pay upwards of 4/5m for Bury is an absolute nutter…...but maybe someone really is out there......
But even if there is, sounds like there's a decent chance that Dale kills the deal - and therefore the club - anyway out of spite.

I was listening to Radio 5 on way home. I gather they did a big feature on Bury's problems. I was only half listening, as usual the presenter reads out various texts/tweets etc and I'm sure he said a Brighton fan text in saying ..... why were they wasting so much time on a small football club. I guess that Brighton fan has totally forgotten about their history!

I was listening to Radio 5 on way home. I gather they did a big feature on Bury's problems. I was only half listening, as usual the presenter reads out various texts/tweets etc and I'm sure he said a Brighton fan text in saying ..... why were they wasting so much time on a small football club. I guess that Brighton fan has totally forgotten about their history!

Obviously a plastic who only started watching them after moving to the new stadium.

Yep. And they've got until Thursday before they cancel the game next Tuesday (20th) as well.

So it’s pretty much guaranteed to be off on Tuesday then.

Its a mess, can see them getting kicked out on the deadline day that the FL set if only because they can’t extend but keep postponing games while a potential takeover happens, they will be starting in October if that happens.

Bolton back in the news after court case by Bassini claiming he had agreement to purchase the club., judgement is adjourned until Sept 2nd , however judge said The sale can go ahead but it's subject to potential legal issues. Crazy, where does that leave the possible new owners and the EFL They could complete and lose the club afterwards.

Bolton will survive but be relegated, Bury will go on the 23rd(?), messiest start to a football league season I can think of though.

Yes, I heard that bit as well. Another plastic fan who has forgotten his own clubs history and simply doesn't understand English football.

Bassini injunction removed, takeover seemingly on the way for Bolton https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49347728

However, according to the local rag.......

But it now boils down to Football Ventures. Have they got the cash to sort this out? Or will the ongoing sale of the hotel make things more complicated?
Basically, we're back where we were last Monday.

As the judge put it, there could be a scenario where Mr Bassini looks to address his claim on the club later down the line, if he's successful against Inner Circle Investments. I sense that is heading for a long argument.

Wow, what a mess.

Was on BBC news this morning in passing............. deal might get through but get buggered later...........

Just kick them out & be done with it.

Was on BBC news this morning in passing............. deal might get through but get buggered later...........

Just kick them out & be done with it.

Which then may change the equation on whether Football Ventures decide it is worth proceeding. If they don't then the Football League will have to act, imo, as the Administrator's process for selling the club would have to start again.

sorry but it's all getting a bit tedious now. we had a date for the start of the season, all clubs should be in a position to start on that date.
it's getting to the point where it's affecting other clubs - fixture changes, fans having travel plans messed up etc.
ffs efl, pull your finger out and act now

sorry but it's all getting a bit tedious now. we had a date for the start of the season, all clubs should be in a position to start on that date.
it's getting to the point where it's affecting other clubs - fixture changes, fans having travel plans messed up etc.
ffs efl, pull your finger out and act now
Yep, end it now.

Back
Top Bottom