Latest update

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
An absolutely impressive email from Paul. Well done.

We've had more communication from the Trust since end of December than for a long time. As a life member and ex-committee member, I will be making my recommendation as a member, that the committee elect Paul as Chairman following the AGM.

Members received an email from OxVox at around 8.00 pm this morning. No doubt the same message will appear on this forum soon.

It's an excellent update. Asks all the key questions of Tiger and the board. Two observations:

1. If the board fail to reply adequately - or at all - we must deduce that there has been a complete breakdown in the relationship, such as it is, between the club and the fans;

2. IF YOU'RE NOT A MEMBER OXVOX, WHY NOT? It's not a question of chasing membership numbers, we need to show Tiger that the fans are united in our love for the club and fears over current stewardship. It costs sod all, so please join NOW!

2. I am now a member with the assistance of @Eaststandboy and will be purchasing a lifetime membership, once my current membership expires. OxVox have done a superb job up to this point so it's only right that we rally around them at a time like this!

Cheers.

What’s the difference between gold membership/platinum. Than just being a life member?

Genuinely interested to know.

I’m not a member, but I do realise that a lot of time and effort and energy goes into this. So for that I salute you all.

Life member means you simply don’t have to renew every 3 years.

We are also in the process of finalising some additional features for life members which will see partnerships formed with local businesses to help/aid/benefit our membership.

This will also see a review and change to our corporate membership scheme.

Keep an eye out!

It's a very good message and reflects the exasperation of the supporters well. I confide the Oxford Fail will be running a piece in due course.

It does beg the question of 'what next', if / when the club fails to answer the question.........

Well done Oxvox, back on track.

What happens next for the club and Oxvox/fans?

It's a very good message and reflects the exasperation of the supporters well. I confide the Oxford Fail will be running a piece in due course.

It does beg the question of 'what next', if / when the club fails to answer the question.........

Oxford Fail haha so accurate. They do more harm than good, sometimes!

What can oxvox do the simple answer is nothing none of us like what is going on none more than me,yes we can ask question till the cows come home but if they won't answer they won't ..Can't see a long line of new buyers .
Ps Am a member of oxvox

Yes, it does need a little thought. Means of applying pressure and that....

What can oxvox do the simple answer is nothing

Wrong. They can ask the questions, make sure everyone (media and fans) know they have asked the questions and if they don't get the answers we all need they can publicise that as well. Of course they (we) can't MAKE the owner do anything - but getting the situation out in the open is a positive thing to do and puts pressure on.

What can oxvox do the simple answer is nothing none of us like what is going on none more than me,yes we can ask question till the cows come home but if they won't answer they won't ..Can't see a long line of new buyers .
Ps Am a member of oxvox

Imagine if we didn't have a supporters trust in place to project the general consensus of the fans to a board that is hell bent on being as vague and as cryptic as possible, at any given opportunity? Imagine how much us fans could achieve without something like OxVox...

Communication is a two way thing and as long as the fans show that we are very aware and conscious of how the club is being run, I would hope that this alone would push the board towards becoming more transparent, over time. However, given the current state of affairs, that's wishful thinking...

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong they give us a story how do we know that they are telling the truth. i would like to think they wouldn't lie to us BUT !!!!

Excellent communication Oxvox, well done. Are you able to push for a fans forum in early February by when we will have seen transfer activity undertaken? It will also provide an opportunity to directly ask the questions in your letter if they haven't been answered.

Don't get me wrong they give us a story how do we know that they are telling the truth. i would like to think they wouldn't lie to us BUT !!!!
If you mean the club, then that's sort of the point. If they tell us (or OxVox) something and it turns out to only have a passing acquaintance with the truth, then the best thing to do is to publicise the fact as widely as possible. You are right in that those in charge at the club have now told so many 'half truths' (being charitable!) that they can obviously not be trusted - nobody can stop them doing it, but they can be shamed when they are found out.

Perfect stance from Oxvox. It’s clear the line in the sand is drawn HERE.

On the subject of a response from the club. If one isn’t forthcoming maybe we should start discussing what the next course of action should be. We can we as supporters do? It’s all very well saying that the fact Oxvox are asking questions and the clubs responses are all now in the public domain and the media are watching. But from what I’ve seen from the board so far I’d imagine they don’t give two hoots.

Obviously things need to be kept legal and peaceful before people start throwing out silly solutions that could get them in to trouble, but there must be some options open to us?

Excellent update.

Polite and professional, but forceful and covers the key points we (all) need answers to.

Great work guys.

Back
Top Bottom