Latest from Tiger

I expect this communication is to clear up the most urgent worries from fans regarding lack of incoming transfers, which he has done very well to answer.

I'm sure any news involving retail are the easiest updates to share with fans, and will probably come out once the new kits have been unveiled.

I expect this communication is to clear up the most urgent worries from fans regarding lack of incoming transfers, which he has done very well to answer.

I'm sure any news involving retail are the easiest updates to share with fans, and will probably come out once the new kits have been unveiled.

Agreed, sure plenty is happening behind the scenes.

One loan agreed but we're trying to turn it into a permanent. Todd Kane again maybe?

Hm not sure. If Chelsea are willing to loan Kane for the final year of his contract, why wouldn't they just sell him when he could leave for nothing next summer? If anything, surely selling would benefit them more. Hope you're right though, I'd love Kane back permanently.

Hm not sure. If Chelsea are willing to loan Kane for the final year of his contract, why wouldn't they just sell him when he could leave for nothing next summer? If anything, surely selling would benefit them more. Hope you're right though, I'd love Kane back permanently.

I too would like Kane back and yes I think Chelsea would rather sell than loan. Can’t see you t being much more than 250k, just hope Barnsley aren’t reading this.

Has he done enough to convince any doubters they should renew their season tickets?

Good to hear from him, not that I was in any sort of panic mode. Barely any transfers have taken place at the majority of clubs so far, usually it takes a transfer or two further up the pyramid to get the ball rolling, and it's a World Cup year so things always take longer.

But as I said, good to hear from him, hopefully it'll shut up some of those more impatient fans. Too many millennials* grown up playing Football Manager and expecting a transfer to be achievable at the click of a few buttons, with no understanding of the complexity of negotiations nor the number of people involved (from opposing chairman to target player's estate agent). These things take time, and there are, after all, bound to be many things to consider for all parties involved.

Nice to hear his confidence in the non-playing staff and development of the new training ground, sounds like he's making some professional and sensible investments which are much needed in our bid to keep up with the modern game.

*I think I'm technically a millennial myself, and have certainly wasted an outrageous amount of my time playing that game, back from when it was still called Championship Manager, but I like to think I am at least capable of differentiating between a simulation game and the realities of sporting business.

I am not panicking anyway as I can’t see the difference if you sign a player a month before pre season or a day, they are still being paid to be on holiday till training starts up, but I do like it when the signings start coming in, it’s interesting seeing who we have got.

Decent update, if a little pointless for all of us but those who panic if we haven’t signed anyone two days after the last game of the season, but at least it might put a few minds at ease for a couple of hours.

The point about the strength and depth of our coaching is worth noting. I would argue that it is as good as we have seen since Denis Smith and Malcolm Crosby.

I know it's still only words, but I'm feeling more and more optimistic about the quality of players we are looking at and hope we see a few in during the coming weeks to settle a few nerves.

I am sure there is daily communication with Tiger one way or another which is vital..

Back
Top Bottom