Latest from Tiger

I’m open minded enough to let you dishonor your word and hear the details now.

I mean, ultimately, if he’s dumb enough to speak loosely to fans, he probably wants you to feed it back to us
There were things said that were personal regarding people other than himself, so I won’t be divulging those at all because frankly, he shouldn’t have said them himself in the first place. That said, he did request they never surface and I’m happy to honour that.

Of the things he claimed to not care about getting out, however, which was the overwhelming majority, there’s a lot to wade through. Perhaps I’ll start a thread in the next few days trying to break it all down without losing my rag. At the moment it would be very easy for me to be overly harsh because I’m so hacked off with everything.

He's not exactly hiding, we all knew where he lived when he arrived. We have the Niall fella who is supposed to be the man running things day to day and he is failing in many ways!

And just over two weeks until we hear these great plans for our club, well thst’s what Niall said at fans forum!

Oh, and talk of us being in the Championship!! You’re having a laugh!

And just over two weeks until we hear these great plans for our club, well thst’s what Niall said at fans forum!

To be fair he said approximately 4 weeks from the forum but did say that he couldn't promise a date.
It will no doubt all come out in time.

That’s the long term goal not next season. Bournemouth did it why can’t we

To be fair he said approximately 4 weeks from the forum but did say that he couldn't promise a date.

Something about the stadium he told me after Tuesday’s game, but then he said we’ll be alright re; team. I said to him, you’re joking aren’t you, the team is mostly filled with crocks being led by a man who has lost the plot. Best coaching staff, you must be joking.

I bet Chrissy is so glad he’s not part of the gang!

It would just be nice to have an official Oxvox view on the forum proceedings and topics discussed.

Because we’re going backwards not forward, and the whole foundation is shite.

We’ve got a team with aging crocks in it that cannot even run. Did you see McMahon getting back on Tuesday, embarrassing!
Whilst I agree regarding the team some things are improving such as having a permanent training base for a number of years. A long term plan is exactly that not going to happen immediately and the new directors/ rumoured to be aren’t coming in to sit bottom half of league 1 or league 2. At present sorting the ground is the most important thing followed by sorting the team and January has to be got right. I suspect Robinson won’t be here much longer as some of the summer dealings are baffling.

Why is it that some fans think that all will be put right in the January transfer window? If we continue as we are for another 12 weeks we will be so far off of finishing 5th from bottom, relegation will be a certainty. In this division 4 go down and we will be in that 4 if Robinson and Tiger don’t address the problems NOW.

Why is it that some fans think that all will be put right in the January transfer window?
I agree with this question. The players available in January are usually those who have not been performing in the previous four months, youngsters who have not stepped up enough to be in consideration (these are probably loans) or those whose contracts are up at the end of the season and their club wants to make at least a bit of money on them (cough, Nelson, cough!). The chances of their being a hot-shot striker (or two), experienced midfielder or solid as a rock centre back available is pretty low - anyone decent will be expensive (probably over 'market value') and competition will be fierce. And looking at our club from the outside at the moment, we aren't a particularly appealing proposition. Let the situation drift on until Christmas as it is at the moment, and any ambitious player will need his head looking at to plump for us.
On that basis - as well as sheer points required! - we need to steady the ship immediately. We can't change the players, the ground, the support or the fixture list. The only things that can change are a) the ownership (I am a bit sceptical about that happening) or b) the management team. Of course, if a) is actually a reality, b) might have to wait - but otherwise, change the captain and his first officer right now: the iceberg is in front of us and we are going full steam ahead straight at it.

I agree with this question. The players available in January are usually those who have not been performing in the previous four months, youngsters who have not stepped up enough to be in consideration (these are probably loans) or those whose contracts are up at the end of the season and their club wants to make at least a bit of money on them (cough, Nelson, cough!). The chances of their being a hot-shot striker (or two), experienced midfielder or solid as a rock centre back available is pretty low - anyone decent will be expensive (probably over 'market value') and competition will be fierce. And looking at our club from the outside at the moment, we aren't a particularly appealing proposition. Let the situation drift on until Christmas as it is at the moment, and any ambitious player will need his head looking at to plump for us.
On that basis - as well as sheer points required! - we need to steady the ship immediately. We can't change the players, the ground, the support or the fixture list. The only things that can change are a) the ownership (I am a bit sceptical about that happening) or b) the management team. Of course, if a) is actually a reality, b) might have to wait - but otherwise, change the captain and his first officer right now: the iceberg is in front of us and we are going full steam ahead straight at it.
Is there not a c option, change the behind the scenes structure to have people actually trying to move the club forward, why hasn’t someone in the club pulled KR up on his constant PR gaffs, the fans are as much fed up with his constant whining as the stuff played on the pitch.

Is there not a c option, change the behind the scenes structure to have people actually trying to move the club forward, why hasn’t someone in the club pulled KR up on his constant PR gaffs, the fans are as much fed up with his constant whining as the stuff played on the pitch.
While his interviews are terribly poor, even if someone could get him to be a bit more measured in his PR I don't think that would do very much at all to solve the problems. In fact a lot of his whinging is because of the poor results and performances partly (or mostly?) caused by him in the first place! Given that he seems to be tactically inflexible (yes, just saying we are doing something different isn't the same as actually doing it properly!), his judgement is very questionable (numerous examples, the latest being not taking Baptiste off before the inevitable happened), his signings were on the whole quite poor (except now of course they aren't his signings!), his touchline antics an embarassment, his revolving door selection policy disruptive and his seeming ability to fall out with and blame players at the drop of a hat - I could stand a bit of eccentric PR if all that was solved!

I don't buy we've made poor signings.

We have invested in a Championship midfielder (Hanson) and a starlet being chased by Leeds - Whyte and Hanson are not poor signings. We've gone after and secured Holmes and Carruthers. Cameron Norman is actually a good signing too. Garbutt, Browne have come in from the Prem, actually think they are going to be good additions - if he allowed Luke to settle in. Sam Smith was doing OK at Reading before he arrived.

He's made a stinker in Mackie.

As for Mitchell, his agent is the same as Hanson & that signing happened very very quickly.

My last point on Mitchell, he's actually not too bad for a kid keeper, who also has been thrown under the bus at times, we're not conceding big numbers of goals - so even if Eastwood had been playing, would the results have been vastly different? The problem is bar two league game, we've been unable to score more than one goal in a game - we lost one of those fixtures too!

The above makes it even more reason why change should happen.

Whilst I agree regarding the team some things are improving such as having a permanent training base for a number of years. A long term plan is exactly that not going to happen immediately and the new directors/ rumoured to be aren’t coming in to sit bottom half of league 1 or league 2. At present sorting the ground is the most important thing followed by sorting the team and January has to be got right. I suspect Robinson won’t be here much longer as some of the summer dealings are baffling.

Sorting the ground for who? And I thought owning the ground wasn’t as critical if we make the Championship (ark at me!, Championship). And who owns the training ground?

We have invested in a Championship midfielder (Hanson) and a starlet being chased by Leeds - Whyte and Hanson are not poor signings. We've gone after and secured Holmes and Carruthers. Cameron Norman is actually a good signing too. Garbutt, Browne have come in from the Prem, actually think they are going to be good additions - if he allowed Luke to settle in. Sam Smith was doing OK at Reading before he arrived.

As for Mitchell, his agent is the same as Hanson & that signing happened very very quickly.

My last point on Mitchell, he's actually not too bad for a kid keeper, who also has been thrown under the bus at times, we're not conceding big numbers of goals - so even if Eastwood had been playing, would the results have been vastly different? The problem is bar two league game, we've been unable to score more than one goal in a game - we lost one of those fixtures too!

Hanson, really Simon? And Holmes is injury prone or an injury waiting to happen, and Garbutt is such a fairy it’s embarrassing. Add to that Mackie and McMahon and it’s not looking good.

Browne is good, but again has limited game time. The two acquisitions I think have been good are Whyte & Norman, but they were supposed to have been fringe players.

Oh, and too early re; Carruthers, but again he’s been unlucky re; injury, so I guess time will tell, but not good that he’s being rushed back and having to play through the pain barrier.

So based on the above I’d say our acquisitions have been poor, but I guess as we heard from OxVox during the summer about wow signings you’ve got to be seen to continue that mantra!!

Sorting the ground for who? And I thought owning the ground wasn’t as critical if we make the Championship (ark at me!, Championship). And who owns the training ground?
We don’t own the training ground not that I said we did but it is a base for a number of years and is better than anything we have ever had. I think we are all agreed it is important as we are that owning our own ground is important as was discussed at the recent forum. As for sorting the ground for who that is the club surely. You do enjoy a good moan don’t you.

We don’t own the training ground not that I said we did but it is a base for a number of years and is better than anything we have ever had. I think we are all agreed it is important as we are that owning our own ground is important as was discussed at the recent forum. As for sorting the ground for who that is the club surely. You do enjoy a good moan don’t you.

Just heard all the bullshit before Banbury.

The ground won’t be owned by the club as it’ll be owned by the investors e.g. same as Kassam. We’ve had training grounds in the past e.g. Milton Heights etc with promises of the club moving forward etc, but it made diddly s**t in time, but here’s hoping. So forgive me for being realistic even if it is pessimistic.

Just heard all the bullshit before Banbury.

The ground won’t be owned by the club as it’ll be owned by the investors e.g. same as Kassam. We’ve had training grounds in the past e.g. Milton Heights etc with promises of the club moving forward etc, but it made diddly s**t in time, but here’s hoping. So forgive me for being realistic even if it is pessimistic.
As for the ground ownership that is the same everywhere the club own the ground and the people who own the club therefore own both. Different type of people getting involved.Are you telling me if Eric Thohir he gets involved he wii be happy in league 1 in our current ground

Tiger's notes in Tuesday's programme (copied below) hint at announcements coming up (which maybe ties in with Italian press talking of Thohir leaving Inter Milan in October). Also indicates support for KR. Don't hold you breath on any imminent manager announcements.
Tigerwrote:
"we are making progress in all areas and there have been some very encouraging meetings in the last week or two with fan groups and with local councillors which we think may open up some very exciting possibilities for us. I am sure that more will come out about that in the next few days but all I can say right now is that we are getting great support and working so hard to build a better Oxford United.

Of course, we live in the present and losing at Wimbledon on Saturday hurt us all. I saw the game in Thailand and although we didn’t play well at the start we definitely deserved something over the 90 minutes. It was the middle of the night for me but I could not sleep for a long time after. I was in touch with Karl, Shaun and Faz and I spoke to a few people around the club; I don’t think my wife appreciated me ringing people at 4.30am actually! But I wanted to talk about the match and just make sure everyone didn’t get too down; these people care passionately about this club and I know that defeats hurt them deeply. That is a great starting point and why I know that results will turn for us. Clearly, we are not in the position we wanted to be, but we will stay positive, keep our heads up and I strongly believe we will turn things around together. With that last word the key one: Together

Simon I don't see how anyone could say that we didn't recruit poorly in the summer. It's not just the players that we did bring in, it's the players we didn't!

Holmes, Browne and Mackie all arrived with pre-existing injuries. Given how injury prone some players already at the club have proved to be (Hall, Obika), did we really need to add to that list?

Garbutt had not played for 2 years, and although I promising signing I think it's criminal that we entered the season with him as our only recognised left back.

Bradford fans near enough to a man commented that McMahon's legs had gone. He could no longer get up and down the pitch, and his only attribute was his set pieces. How did our management/recruitment team not pick up on this?

Hanson wasn't a Championship midfielder. He was a Championship utility man. A league 2 club signing Josh Ruffels would probably describe him as a League 1 midfielder, but would he really be a signing to build your midfield around, even at that level?

Norman and Whyte were brought in as future prospects and have outperformed what was to be expected of them (although Norman now seems to be out in the Wilderness). I think we got lucky with those two.

But the one position that everyone knew was a problem was upfront, and yet we didn't bring in anyone that was good enough. That was the biggest failure of the summer imo. What's the point in having the likes of Carruthers, Browne, Holmes etc. if they're playing off strikers that can't hold the ball up or win a bloody header.

The summer recruitment was a shambles.

Back
Top Bottom