Ex Player Last Pick in PE XI

Can we have a separate thread on our worst player since we got back into the League? If so, can I please vote for Dwight Tiendalli? I saw his truly astonishing debut at Fleetwood. I have never seen a professional footballer more obviously past it. He was overweight and could hardly run. I saw him play 3-4 times. He started badly and got progressively more useless. I bet he couldn't believe his luck when Clotet offered him one last pay day.

Can we have a separate thread on our worst player since we got back into the League? If so, can I please vote for Dwight Tiendalli? I saw his truly astonishing debut at Fleetwood. I have never seen a professional footballer more obviously past it. He was overweight and could hardly run. I saw him play 3-4 times. He started badly and got progressively more useless. I bet he couldn't believe his luck when Clotet offered him one last pay day.

Agreed. I remember Xemi getting a lot of stick (mostly for the horrendous performance against Wigan), but at least he managed to contribute on a couple of occasions. Tiendalli was just hopeless, and seemed terrified either to receive the ball or close down an attacker.

Agreed. I remember Xemi getting a lot of stick (mostly for the horrendous performance against Wigan), but at least he managed to contribute on a couple of occasions. Tiendalli was just hopeless, and seemed terrified either to receive the ball or close down an attacker.

Seem to recall him playing OK for about the first twenty minutes of a home game - much to everyone’s complete shock. He then proceeded to mishit a simple back pass by a good 20 yards which went out from a corner. Inevitably we conceded...

Jon Narbutt .. £95,000 from Hereford I think. .just can't remember him doing anything...just floating about the pitch !

Seem to recall him playing OK for about the first twenty minutes of a home game - much to everyone’s complete shock. He then proceeded to mishit a simple back pass by a good 20 yards which went out from a corner. Inevitably we conceded...
That was the fateful Bury game. I think he had been a good player but was basically coming out of retirement

• React
Reactions: MJB
Being remembered would probably help

what an outrageous comment. The guy came on for the last minute against Swindon when Louis scored.

he celebrated like he’d loved the club since birth. That was his only minute of playing time. I don’t think he touched the ball

what an outrageous comment. The guy came on for the last minute against Swindon when Louis scored.

he celebrated like he’d loved the club since birth. That was his only minute of playing time. I don’t think he touched the ball

According to Rageonline, he came on away to Bristol Rovers replacing Jefferson Louis in the league as well.

Class player ?

Attachments

• FF7CC863-DC6F-47C9-AFEA-493DB9852CC6.png
    FF7CC863-DC6F-47C9-AFEA-493DB9852CC6.png
    810.2 KB · Views: 45
Anyone remember Dave Collins? He was pretty dreadful if I remember right. Scouser with a very weird running style. Played around the early to mid 90’s.

Anyone remember Dave Collins? He was pretty dreadful if I remember right. Scouser with a very weird running style. Played around the early to mid 90’s.

He got stuck in, if nothing else.

There were far worse centre-backs in that era...(step forward Tony Dobson and Steve Wood!)

He got stuck in, if nothing else.

There were far worse centre-backs in that era...(step forward Tony Dobson and Steve Wood!)
Again both very average players, wasn’t Dobson on loan from Portsmouth? Think he followed Guy? Butters who was actually immense for us. Remember away at Bournemouth I think when he was superb

He actually came from Liverpool I think, slow, couldn't turn but did always give 100% and ok in a forgettable way..

Can’t believe Mike Salmon hasn’t had a mention. One game in goal, let in seven, retired a couple of days later. When you have such a bad game that you immediately retire, that’s got to be worth something.

EDIT: Apparently he was registered to Ipswich a year after his loan with us, but he didn’t make an appearance. I definitely remember him going straight back to Charlton after his one game for us and saying he wouldn’t play again.

Back
Top Bottom