Ex Player Last Pick in PE XI

Peter fear walks it as the worst player to wear an oxford shirt for me, shotton must have offered him good money to get him here but I can’t remember one good game he had for us, most of the players mentioned on this thread are shite but fear came with a certain pedigree but couldn’t be arsed.
Nigel jemson and Paul kitson used to stroll round doing what they wanted but we also got glimpses of what they were capable of, fear was just a waste of a shirt.

Peter fear walks it as the worst player to wear an oxford shirt for me, shotton must have offered him good money to get him here but I can’t remember one good game he had for us, most of the players mentioned on this thread are shite but fear came with a certain pedigree but couldn’t be arsed.
Nigel jemson and Paul kitson used to stroll round doing what they wanted but we also got glimpses of what they were capable of, fear was just a waste of a shirt.

Jemson was excellent in 96/97.

Yup. That summer Denis Smith signed:

Richard Knight (permanent after loan)
John Robertson
Manny Omoyinmi
Ian McGuckin
Lee Jarman
Jon Richardson
Jimmy Glass
Mike Ford

No wonder he was sacked in October!
Blimey! I stand corrected. Jon Richardson wasn't too bad, from what I remember. McGuckin & Jarman were absolutely useless. I always thought Richard Knight was pretty hopeless as well. Shot stopper. Not a keeper.

Jemson in his first spell was unplayable for us. Not forgetting the then league we were playing in. Moody and selfish yes. But was brilliant to watch.

Central midfield votes coming to a close today. Have a look at the twitter page if not yet voted.

Moving on to strikers in the next episode. There are once again lots and lots here. What suggestions do people have?

Central midfield votes coming to a close today. Have a look at the twitter page if not yet voted.

Moving on to strikers in the next episode. There are once again lots and lots here. What suggestions do people have?
Has to be Marvin Robinson. Just utterly dreadful. As much goal threat as a bowl of cornflakes.

Step forward a couple of the strikers from the 2005-06 season. Steve Basham, (just about) Eric Sabin and T’cham N’Toya get away with it but the others are contributors to relegation.

Andy Campbell - did absolutely nothing. RageOnline tells me we signed him for a three month loan. He didn’t play after the first month for us.

Neville Roach - Talbot was desperate for a striker after failing to land Onandi Lowe yet the best we could muster was Roach. On loan from a side in the Conference South, he was totally out of his depth, not fit and sent back to the non-league after his month with us. We would join him outside the FL at the end of the season.

Tim Sills - another panicked purchase from the non-league. Cost us £10k. Left at the end of the season and then scored an irritating number of goals against us.

And outside of that season.

Jamie Guy - promised a lot after a good pre-season. Got injured and then delivered little. Wilder binned him as soon as he could. Violent and disruptive bastard too.

Stefan Bailey - useless loanee forward in our miserable second season in the Conference.

Franny Green - automatic promotion spoiling misfire.

Danny Philiskirk - so crap we signed him twice... famously hooked after less than 30 mins against Crawley.

Dean Morgan - attitude of Zlatan, ability of ...

Jamie Slabber - entitled, lazy, thief stealing a career as a pro. Played for Tottenham once and dined out on it for years.

Need to add Kristaps Grebis.
Was quite exciting at the time, seeing us sign a Latvian international. And then we saw him play......

Anthrobus & Robinson are givens.

Again, a lot of these didn’t play much. I remember the dread I felt when Marvin Robinson first ran out , though - not so much a footballer as a really big bloke

Back
Top Bottom