Last Fan's view of 2017/18

Thanks Paul

For those of us that can't get to many away games your comments paint a true picture of what has gone on.

I know this because I tend to agree with what you write about our home games,all of which I have seen.

PB, a bit of a love letter. You may need to ready the sick bucket.

I've read all of your columns this year and taken something of value from every one. I honestly cannot remember a more puzzling season following the u's. One minute world beaters, utter s**t the next. Your recipe of no nonsense reporting and genuine insight has entertained and informed me throughout. Most of all, your reports have helped me to make some sense out of all the madness.

A heartfelt thank you for your efforts.

Ever considered "selling your match reports" to the Oxford Mail. I wonder if they would consider "Supporters Match View"???

I've really enjoyed reading fan's view. Thanks for putting in the effort over the year.

Paul, I have greatly appreciated, each and every report but esp this one. I think, you have made, some very good points, esp reference safe standing and the flare incident. I am impressed with your extensive knowledge of our beautiful game so I would like to know how you think England will go in the WC and your top tips for the cup.

I look forward to your thoughts, in due course.

I’m the last person you should be listening to tip wise for the World Cup. I can’t even get it right for L1. For the season just finished I told people the value bet was Fleetwood.

I know even less about international teams but with no standout side I’d say the usual suspects – Germany, Brazil. Even if they have a horrible blip they soon get back to winning ways. Nothing changed after we’d beaten Germany 5-1 in Munich in 2001 & after Brazil’s horrendous home World Cup it was normal service.

Looking at the England squad I don’t think we’ve got any chance.

Great read as ever Mr B! Our paths may have crossed in the Leopard in Donny looking at the pictures.... hmmmm

Quite possibly. My path crosses that of many fellow fans on my travels. Some I know well. Some I only know by nickname or sight.

Ever considered "selling your match reports" to the Oxford Mail. I wonder if they would consider "Supporters Match View"???

A bit of history – a few years back I got a phone call from Martin Brodetsky saying the Oxford Mail wanted to do a short piece in their publication every Monday in the season entitled Fan’s View. But as he was / was about to work for the club he would be unable to do it. He passed my name onto the Mail. They said they had someone else too and we would each contribute every other week. I agree but as the season started was told that the other person had dropped out.

This lasted for a few seasons before they decided to drop it.

It was around that time that Rage Online asked if there were any budding journos out there. I replied that I certainly was too old to be a budding journo but if they couldn’t get anyone else I would be willing to write a bit of stuff. As a contributor to the paper versions – Raging Bull & Rage On I wanted to help keep the thing going in the modern day format. No one else stepped forward and as they say the rest is history. Hence the FV was transferred to RO.

I can obviously say things and use language that I couldn’t in the Mail. Also there’s no deadline or restriction on the number of words.

So there you have it.

A bit of history – a few years back I got a phone call from Martin Brodetsky saying the Oxford Mail wanted to do a short piece in their publication every Monday in the season entitled Fan’s View. But as he was / was about to work for the club he would be unable to do it. He passed my name onto the Mail. They said they had someone else too and we would each contribute every other week. I agree but as the season started was told that the other person had dropped out.

This lasted for a few seasons before they decided to drop it.

It was around that time that Rage Online asked if there were any budding journos out there. I replied that I certainly was too old to be a budding journo but if they couldn’t get anyone else I would be willing to write a bit of stuff. As a contributor to the paper versions – Raging Bull & Rage On I wanted to help keep the thing going in the modern day format. No one else stepped forward and as they say the rest is history. Hence the FV was transferred to RO.

I can obviously say things and use language that I couldn’t in the Mail. Also there’s no deadline or restriction on the number of words.

So there you have it.
Our gain. I appreciate the update. Enjoy your summer.

Back
Top Bottom