Ladies Manager Departs

That's a relief. Lots of work to do, but the right decision. (y)

Now to look at the league and see where some of the other teams play. :)

Swindon Ladies (oxymoron?) lost every game last season. 22 played, 22 lost. 10 scored, 119 conceded. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
There is a post up the page a little saying that the manager and the general manager werent happy at having to take on extra tasks like washing the kit and boots.......

Now, this may upset a few people but is that a reason to leave?
They are only filling roles in what is essentially a semi pro team, how many means teams that are semi pro have people to clean the players boots?!

Surely the players could be responsible for this themselves. Ive played at a semi pro level in the past and had to clean my own boots, and if i didnt, accept a fine at the following game if i turn up with them dirty.

There is a post up the page a little saying that the manager and the general manager werent happy at having to take on extra tasks like washing the kit and boots.......

Now, this may upset a few people but is that a reason to leave?
They are only filling roles in what is essentially a semi pro team, how many means teams that are semi pro have people to clean the players boots?!

Surely the players could be responsible for this themselves. Ive played at a semi pro level in the past and had to clean my own boots, and if i didnt, accept a fine at the following game if i turn up with them dirty.

I don't know if that was the sole reason, but it definitely sounded like a contributing factor. Here's the quote from the article regarding Andy in full:

"Oxford manager Andy Cook has already stepped down from his post and told me on Saturday the process had been “tense.”

Only Cook and the club’s general manager were full-time at the club and found themselves taking on the majority of duties just to keep up, including washing boots and kits, and he even admitted to me that their leadership wasn’t as good as it could have been due to the demands being put on them, leading to Cook’s resignation."

The process is referring to the Women's Championship (WSL2) application.

I remember the Oxford City manager saying he's had to clean the stadium toilets in the past, so at a semi-pro level, most people have to perform a number of jobs. Not ideal, but it's just the way it is.

The thing I found a little amusing about cleaning boots is most of the games are played on artificial surfaces, so how dirty could they possibly be? But yes, I thought the players themselves would clean their own boots. Not the kit - though that wouldn't have exactly taken much effort either - but definitely their boots.

Still, going forward, with the formation of a women's team board, hopefully issues like this will be addressed long before they become reasons for resignation.

Sensible appointment. Plenty of work needs to be done, so making use of the development coaches in the meantime is a good move. They will also know which players from the dev squad might be able to make the move up to the first team. Good luck lads.

I think our league next year will have 11-13 teams and National League North will have between 12-14 teams. I'm not sure how they planned on handling promotions and relegation to and from those leagues. As far as I could tell 2 teams were both promoted to those leagues - in our case MK Dons and Plymouth - and I don't think any teams were relegated. No mention of relegation on either QPR's or Swindon's website or Twitter. If that's the case, then it'll be 13 teams. It will also demonstrates how poorly thought out this restructuring plan has been - the original plan was to have just 10 teams in those divisions I believe.

Also, Sunderland are going to appeal the decision not to offer them a license. It'll be interesting because the FA claimed that only West Ham applied for a WSL1 license during the open (second) phase of applications, whereas Sunderland said they did apply. They can't both be true.

Last edited:
I realise I'm kind of using this as my own personal venting thread at this point.

Today it was confirmed we're entering tier 3 (Women's National League South). It was also confirmed today that Scum have been relegated and Sunderland have been demoted 2 divisions to tier 3 as well (according to Twitter, still think they have a chance at tier 2, I'm sure someone will upset them with the news soon enough).

2 months until the new season starts - the FA are a fecking joke.

Last edited:
I realise I'm kind of using this as my own personal venting thread at this point.

Today it was confirmed we're entering tier 3 (Women's National League South). It was also confirmed today that Scum have been relegated and Sunderland have been demoted 2 divisions to tier 3 as well (according to Twitter, still think they have a chance at tier 2, I'm sure someone will upset them with the news soon enough).

2 months until the new season starts - the FA are a fecking joke.

FA have been a fuckingjoke for decades !:(

...at all levels too !!!!!!

Tbf to the FA, the current f**k up that is the reorganisation of the pyramid below the National League isn't their fault. They appointed a Leagues Committee made up of officials from the various leagues and they are the ones screwing it up spectacularly.

Back
Top Bottom