Matches Lack of supporters

sometimes they do .... my 3 granddaughters aligned themselves to their dads 'team' (Man U).... took the middle grand daughter to an OUFC game live a few seasons ago, shes a semi regular attendee of home games ( with her grampy) , and a junior year of the ox member now
Exactly, I know lots of people who have become massive Oufc fans including myself. My first oxford game I was 16 at the time I was a ‘fan’ of a premiership team, started going to the manor few times and got hooked and that was that, over twenty years later now and ive had a season ticket nearly every year and have no interest whatsoever in any other team except Oxford. Plenty of others I know including people I sit with that have similar stories, it’s about getting people to the ground and then occasionally a few will fall in to the trap lol.

Can guarantee those local to Oxford who don’t support Oxford and follow a premiershit team won’t change their allegiance from a prem to good old Oxford no mater how spruced up and available facilities a new stadium would produce.

I'm the only one in a small group of mates at work who follows a non-premier league side (2 Arsenal 4 Spurs 1 Liverpool).

I've been hassling them to give an Oxford game a try and bought one of them a ticket to watch Crewe a couple of weeks back. He loved it. Went up Saturday and he bought a shirt and is now looking at what other games are coming up. We have also convinced a further two to join us at MK Dons away as they live just outside Buckingham. I reckon that by the end of the season I will be getting all of them up to at least a couple of games a season, with a couple becoming regulars. All bar one are Dads to a total of 11 kids. We've spoke about doing a group family day which could result in lots of future fans.

The appetite for live football is out there and once you get past the three sides and health risk toilets, there is a lot to offer. We all need to start talking our club up rather than constantly knocking it and you might be surprised how many new fans we could actually influence.

@Malc , @SteMerritt, @eaststandboy - why not have a Yellows Forum influenced game? Pick a game and see how many of us can encourage just one mate, work colleague, family member or former fan along. See what influence we could have not only on the attendance but on the atmosphere as well? I would guarantee that we could collectively put 500 on the gate even without any promotional work by the club.

Who's up for the challenge?!

with respect i disagree, let's look at the west ham game, any first or 2nd attendee seeing a local side beat a premiership side 4-0 if they were to feel anything would return they didn't. one of the 2 games against Man City we had the most number of shots ever recorded against one of Pep's teams.

To think that the ground was the sole reason they never returned is really stretching it in my opinion.
Of course it isn’t the sole reason but let’s be honest it can’t help, those fans that don’t come often aren’t going to be enticed back by the surroundings are they, the hour it takes to get out the overflow car park on a busy Tuesday night, or the halftime experience of huge queues and disgusting toilets etc, the smell of s**t that often floats around the ground lol. We go regardless of that but a more casual fan will be put off. Anyway, It’s unrealistic to expect 3-4000 extra fans to return week in week out but if only a few did for a handful of games that’s progress

The Kassam could be a very good stadium. Easily capable of hosting championship crowds of 15,000 If it changed its name, enhancements were made( particularly car parks) and a local rail station and a fourth stand was built.

I don’t buy this ‘soulless wind tunnel’ claptrap. Plenty of noise gets made when we have a good team in place. Which is the case now.

I speculate the (soon come.. ha) owners are looking very carefully at staying put. But of course don’t have the ITK angle of so many esteemed posters here . 🙃

I do find it interesting that the scummers crowds are up. Are they letting people in for free?

The Kassam could be a very good stadium. Easily capable of hosting championship crowds of 15,000 If it changed its name, enhancements were made( particularly car parks) and a local rail station and a fourth stand was built.

I don’t buy this ‘soulless wind tunnel’ claptrap. Plenty of noise gets made when we have a good team in place. Which is the case now.

I speculate the (soon come.. ha) owners are looking very carefully at staying put. But of course don’t have the ITK angle of so many esteemed posters here . 🙃

I do find it interesting that the scummers crowds are up. Are they letting people in for free?

Already pointed out in another thread they are offering under 11s for a £1 and under 18s for £6 anywhere in their ground. Also the oasis swimming pool has closed down so there's even less to do now in that s**t hole.

For me the biggest issue is the gap between pitch and stands. The rest of the stuff doesn't really bother me and it's convenient for where I live. But the ITKs are adamant we are moving.

Are things really that bad this season our home attendance average 7000 and away we’ve sold out 3 trips Cambridge,Wimbledon,Cheltenham( nearly) we took over 2000 to qpr and a decent amount to Bolton obviously the higher we go the more people will come until then I don’t think we are doing to bad

For me the biggest issue is the gap between pitch and stands. The rest of the stuff doesn't really bother me and it's convenient for where I live. But the ITKs are adamant we are moving.
And of course when the ITKs are wrong, we'll have to thank them for throwing us off the scent, thereby protecting the sensitivity of the deal with Kassam. They've got it all mapped out already.

completely agree with your point re the gap between stands and pitch. However, Bolton have a similar problem and they made a hell of a lot of noise a few weeks ago with only 16k in attendance. So it is doable.

In my humble, the current pricing structure is too complex & too "divided".

Simplify it and make it more affordable for youngsters and families because they are the future, get them in the habit young and the ROI could be huge.
Under 21`s - £10
Under 18`s - £5
Under 7`s - £2

All the way around the ground barring the SSU.

Vote for me. #OUSP :)

In my humble, the current pricing structure is too complex & too "divided".

Simplify it and make it more affordable for youngsters and families because they are the future, get them in the habit young and the ROI could be huge.
Under 21`s - £10
Under 18`s - £5
Under 7`s - £2

All the way around the ground barring the SSU.

Vote for me. #OUSP :)
I don’t mind that, but bar them from the north stand not the south upper lol

Ah, some common sense is appearing ( ryaniobirdio, werthers & pottersrightboot) . Very worrying that an earlier poster said his most "hated" grounds were Shrewsbury & Wigan. - both relatively recent constructions - Shrewsbury is more like the sort of thing we will end up with (if we were to relocate). Some people think we are going to get a mini Emirates surrounded by shops & eateries - get real people!

Ah, some common sense is appearing ( ryaniobirdio, werthers & pottersrightboot) . Very worrying that an earlier poster said his most "hated" grounds were Shrewsbury & Wigan. - both relatively recent constructions - Shrewsbury is more like the sort of thing we will end up with (if we were to relocate). Some people think we are going to get a mini Emirates surrounded by shops & eateries - get real people!
Sorry sir,but that is exactly what we're gonna get.

Back
Top Bottom