Matches Lack of supporters

If the club want bigger attendances while at the kassam they need to sort the ticket price structure out. Why is it only the 2 blocks to the left of the north stand is the family stand meaning if you want to move anywhere else you would have to pay extra for your child? Example I pay £26 for me and my boy in the family section, move further to the centre of the North stand or south stand lower and the price jumps up to £34. Should be the same price in every stand except the South stand upper. Also we call it the family section but they don't do anything for the kids, not even had olly the ox out for this season..

The best thing about the 'experience' (apart from the actual football!) is the people I sit with. A crappy stadium with poor facilities both in and around it won't put the likes of me and many of us on here off going - but it won't attract more casual or new supporters either.
Yes exactly, I have a lot of fun with my group, and dont eat, drink, or linger in the stadium. Down the front for the lap of honour then home for tea.

What has Maslow’s hierarchy of needs got to do with pricing strategies ?

Getting the basics right first.

Would you rather spend £20 to be in a 50% empty stadium or £10 with it 80/90% full and "bouncing"?

If the club want bigger attendances while at the kassam they need to sort the ticket price structure out. Why is it only the 2 blocks to the left of the north stand is the family stand meaning if you want to move anywhere else you would have to pay extra for your child? Example I pay £26 for me and my boy in the family section, move further to the centre of the North stand or south stand lower and the price jumps up to £34. Should be the same price in every stand except the South stand upper. Also we call it the family section but they don't do anything for the kids, not even had olly the ox out for this season..
You are moaning because you get a discount? That’s a new one. They aren’t going to offer discounts for the best seats in the house, and neither should they.

Now we get a larger share of the catering money, surely now is the time to look at ticketing prices/deals to get more to the ground. A kid a quid offer for example at a game with a small away following, make sure the catering queues are served quickly, have merchandise on sale around the ground. Worth a try to attract families/children

Now we get a larger share of the catering money, surely now is the time to look at ticketing prices/deals to get more to the ground. A kid a quid offer for example at a game with a small away following, make sure the catering queues are served quickly, have merchandise on sale around the ground. Worth a try to attract families/children

That may have been mentioned several times in the past, even pre-catering deal.
Every extra person might buy a programme, a scarf etc now we benefit from food etc it is even more important.

Over the years, various owners have tried all sorts of schemes to incentivise attendance. Kids for a quid, free tickets for schools and many more. None of them have had a lasting effect.

In most cases, the only thing guaranteed to put bums on seats is success. Brighton and Reading are often used as exemplars when new stadiums and supporter growth discussions take place on here. I’ve no doubt that the novelty of their new homes had a positive effect on their attendances, however they both enjoyed success over a prolonged period of time and without it their stadiums would be alive only with echos and faded blue seats.

We may not have won anything since 2016, but it’s been an epoch of big games, exciting football and two play-off campaigns. My assertion of success bringing crowds in is disproved by the previous sentence, in our case, it hasn’t, the crowds are largely the same.

Hence, I find it disappointing, though not unsurprising, that Oxfordshire, and the wider support base, doesn’t really back the club consistently. They never really have.

You are moaning because you get a discount? That’s a new one. They aren’t going to offer discounts for the best seats in the house, and neither should they.

No I'm saying the kids price jumps up £8 to sit any where else other then the 2 sections in the family area. Also kids go free if under 6 but only in the family section. Comparison swinedon offer kids under 12 for £1 anywhere in the ground and under 16's are £6. Maybe just maybe we are pricing out of a lot of family's being regulars.

Rubbish. Take the man city league cup game we could of sold 20k + tickets easy the amount of people that were asking me to get them a ticket. We need to have a better stadium and go up the leagues like Brighton/reading have to gain these fans in to regulars. When we moved to the kassam it was unfinished and we were in free fall.
Here we go again, if these people were real U's they would get their a**e along to more normal games then!

These people pick up and put down the club when it suits, if that is not a lack of passion, I don't know what is...

With clubs like Wycombe driving away the fans as they did yesterday it will be difficult to get people in…

Here we go again, if these people were real U's they would get their a**e along to more normal games then!

These people pick up and put down the club when it suits, if that is not a lack of passion, I don't know what is...

I'm a passionate supporter and have been for 30 years but even I find it hard to get enthusiasm to travel to our s**t hole of a stadium. We never done it the right way when we moved away from the Manor and didn't capitalise on bringing in extra support. I have hopes that our current owners are going to build us something special where people love to be and can't wait to return. Until then we are only going to have 7.5k hone fans and the odd sell our against the big teams.

Has he got TB? Look what they did to Geronimo 🤭

Ticket pricing committee : we have decades of experience of pricing season tickets and match day tickets , discounts , special offers , and know what works.
EssexYellows: have you factored in food , sleep and water into that ?

Ticket pricing committee : we have decades of experience of pricing season tickets and match day tickets , discounts , special offers , and know what works.
EssexYellows: have you factored in food , sleep and water into that ?

If they had "decades of experience" we wouldn`t be flatlining in terms of bums on seats as the team has had relative success on the pitch and the audience would be growing.

Like fruit on a train, makes the journey more pleasant, becomes a habit, and people benefit.

Basics.

If they had "decades of experience" we wouldn`t be flatlining in terms of bums on seats as the team has had relative success on the pitch and the audience would be growing.

Like fruit on a train, makes the journey more pleasant, becomes a habit, and people benefit.

Basics.
So a banana on each seat would bring them rushing in
You don't half talk some nonsense

I'm a passionate supporter and have been for 30 years but even I find it hard to get enthusiasm to travel to our s**t hole of a stadium. We never done it the right way when we moved away from the Manor and didn't capitalise on bringing in extra support. I have hopes that our current owners are going to build us something special where people love to be and can't wait to return. Until then we are only going to have 7.5k hone fans and the odd sell our against the big teams.

As much as our ground is shite, our attendances would still creep up with a promotion to the championship.

Just suppose we even had a season in the Premiership, it would sell out every game. Sadly, I think it is not just about Oxford, but the opposition on offer. Just look at Blackpool when they were in the top flight compared to now.

Build a new stadium and they will come. They will also trail off after the novelty has worn off, unless we play at a higher level.

So a banana on each seat would bring them rushing in
You don't half talk some nonsense

No it was a friendly comment to Mr G and his regular travelling fruit blog.

However it is the little things that make the big differences.

Back
Top Bottom