National News Labour Leadership battle

agree she didnt do too well on that subject ( and she is my preferred candidate for labour leader).... and do agree (to a degree) re labour (trying to be) championing micro minority issues, especially ones that don't sit too well with the middle ground voters, and do tend to be elevated to the foreground, more so than major issues that should be more to the forefront, that has been a bit of a bugbear of mine re labour

That said, raising, highlighting and championing issues that affect vulnerable members of society is (in principle ) an admirable stance to take, as long as it doesnt eclipse major issues.... vulnerable members of society dont have many in a position of authority fighting their corner after all (IMO)
I cannot be the only one seeing Labour tying itself in knots about Trans rights and thinking why are they doing this in a leadership election? As you say, when we have myriad of issues in our society, seeing candidates "die on a hill" over who is the most woke on trans rights is a bit silly. Nandy looks like she hasn't thought enough about her position and the real work complexities of what she has been proposing - that said, her campaign has flat lined recently, so I can see why she'd pop her head above the parapet.

Sorry if pointing out your lack of thought in the language used is a problem for you.

To most people the language was perfectly appropriate.
The debate was based around a very simple question... "Should Men who now identify as Women be allowed to compete in Women`s sport?"
Lisa Nandy was so desperate to remain in the "Oh we mustn`t upset/offend anyone" boat that she ended up looking incredibly stupid.
Morgan pressed her on the point that, potentially, Ussain Bolt could say "I`m a woman now so I`m running in the women's 100 metres" the consequential impact on Women`s rights and sport would be immense, or so "normal people" would think.

Sorry if pointing out your lack of thought in the language used is a problem for you.
images

Look at you throwing shade about people's grammar and words recently. :ROFLMAO:

Thought Nandy was going to burst into tears after being worked over by Morgan - a complete car crash for the " Nand Wagon."
Not how I saw it, she wouldn't be drawn on a yes/no answer - shock, horror for a politician - and said it's a complicated topic which needs carefully looking at. She fended off the quite aggressive questioning by giving some back - good for her.

And I have no affiliation to any political party so the above is not based on any bias.

My personal view is that trans people should not be allowed to compete and I await a WOKE backlash but the few that are have been smashing existing records which suggests they have something of an advantage......but as Ms Nandy says, it's complicated.

The question is.................................

Will anyone notice who "wins"?

With all the schmizz going on it`ll be a real "Oh Kier Starmer is the new Labour leader, and Fred Smith of Maidstone completed a marathon in his one bed flat" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nobody will notice during the current situation - but there needs to be an at least half way decent Labour leader in place so that there is (once it is past crisis point) an opposition capable of holding the Government to account for decisions made either in recent months or years past.

Nobody will notice during the current situation - but there needs to be an at least half way decent Labour leader in place so that there is (once it is past crisis point) an opposition capable of holding the Government to account for decisions made either in recent months or years past.
Nandy would be my choice .... however t'other two are the more likely to be voted in, Mr Moisturiser Starmer or darling of the hard left the wasp chewing, lemon sucking miss hyphen, neither of whom fill me with any, never mind much, confidence

The question is.................................

Will anyone notice who "wins"?

With all the schmizz going on it`ll be a real "Oh Kier Starmer is the new Labour leader, and Fred Smith of Maidstone completed a marathon in his one bed flat" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Fred Smith though, what a legend ? ? ? ?

Still got the original of that on the red Elektra label and it's a fine record. I always preferred 'Back In The USA' though...

Back
Top Bottom