Away Match Day Thread +++ L1 1/1/2020 Doncaster Rovers v OUFC +++

ttg17

Thought I'd take the liberty of kicking off both this MDT and this new decade, as this will be one of my first away matches in ages and I am very excited.

Head tells me there's no way a team can get 12/12 points over the Christmas period, but heart tells me that resting a lot of our first team against AFCW, so they are fresh, and the comfortable manner in which we dispatched them at ours both mean another win for us. So I'll plump for an entertaining score draw - 2-2.

Archer
Cadden Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Gorrin
Henry Brannigan
Sykes Taylor Fosu​

I’d bring the usual suspects back in, and maybe put Henry in the middle where he did well to rest one of Brannigan or Baptiste - and keep Sykes out wide as he did well there

I'm anticipating the rested players will return with the exception of Henry who may still be carrying an injury, and Sykes did well at Kings Meadow. If Henry is fit I think he'll play for the last match with Cadden.

If cadden is definitly off then he may not be that bothered. Play long I say.

Archer
Cadden Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Gorrin
Henry Brannigan
Sykes Taylor Fosu​

I’d bring the usual suspects back in, and maybe put Henry in the middle where he did well to rest one of Brannigan or Baptiste - and keep Sykes out wide as he did well there
I would put Baptiste for Sykes which would then be the best team in my view.

Let's see what occurs - it would be nice to keep the run going and do another double. Will be hard though, regardless of their form.

Hoping for a win but would take a draw given the fact that it’s away, to a decent team, and our recent good run of form.

We rested some key players so theoretically we should be fresh. I don’t think Donny rested anyone so they may look to bring some fresh legs in.
Hoping for three points but would take a draw.
Would possibly rest Baptiste and play a midfield trio of Henry, Brannagan and Gorrin

Car is having a festive season wobbler and won’t be ready in time for this journey, which is a shame as I quite enjoy the trip to Donny, so it’s ifollow for me. Hoping for some sort of result, but believe the win is there to be had if the rested players come out firing.

Going for a 1-1 draw, but hoping that we can nick a cheeky winner to go a point off top spot as Wycombe’s inevitable crumble continues v Ipswich.

We need to go for the win, no more of the tactics used at MK thank you very much

What we're all hoping for tomorrow:

tenor.gif

Cadden grabs a mic from somewhere - "I'm not leaving!"

Back
Top Bottom