Away Match Day Thread +++ L1 1/1/2020 Doncaster Rovers v OUFC +++

Obviously they expect us to give the ball back even though they carried on, is it our fault after they didn’t put the ball out that when they did because of a mistake by a Donny player, then no f**k em I doubt whether if we did the same they would have given us the ball......doubt it
Following a couple of Donny fans out listened to their outrage about not throwing the ball back. They obviously had not cottoned onto the tedious gamesmanship/time-wasteing, I can’t remember opposition trainers being on so often for trivial challenges. Just thought a pretty weary performance from us on the day.

Players and supporters must find it hard to perform to their maximum on New Year’s Day unless playing in a local derby.
Looking at the fixtures today our game at Doncaster was probably the furthest travelling distance with a 300 mile round trip for the majority of our supporters which did affect the numbers and the vocals that we have come accustomed to, it was hard to get any kind of atmosphere going today and as the manager and players always tell us “the vocal support really helps the team push on”...
I imagine most of our fans were on the road by 9.00am this morning, which again can not be right as a good number would have been seeing the new year in with a glass or two of the bubbly (we didn’t leave till 11.00am with myself living only an hour away and even then it was a struggle to be up) which was not kind by the EFL fixture committee, our supporters were lack lustre today because of this which must have had a baring on some of our team performances...
As for the game, we certainly deserved something from the game and if we had have scored the one that hit the post we would have probably gone on and won the game.
if we continue the run of the last 4 games (3 wins and 1 defeat - 9 points) we will end up on 86 points which would be 4 less that the champions Luton had last year however 6 more than Barnsley in 2nd so promotion would be an almost certainty which puts today’s result into perspective...
Roll up our sleeves, work hard and move on...

Luton played 46 games last season and finished on 94. Barnsley finished on 91.

Last edited:
To be honest, I don’t think we ever looked like scoring. I don’t remember their keeper having to make a save. It wasn’t as though we were peppering their goal with shots after shots.

Yes, we deserved a draw at least on our possession and technical play, but we didn’t really open them up that much. We were at our best in first 15-20mins, but after that we lacked creativity and final ball.

In fact I’d say they looked more like scoring on the break than we did.
Well there was two shots cleared off the line and many other half chances also Archer was hardly heavily involved

Back
Top Bottom