Ex Player Kristaps Grebis

Yes there were flats with a small balcony near the away end, and a couple of guys who would ring a bell whenever Grays scored.

Also one match (possibly one of the clips) where I was sure Billy Turley deliberately mishandled the ball into the net he was so fed up with the match/manager.

Also I think it was Grays once where Ricky Otto was asked to take his baseball cap off in the pub, and then pointed out a couple of old timers wearing flat caps and asked why the rules didn't apply to them.

I do hate old people so that does sound about right.

I think one year we actually went ahead at Grays and we chanted at the people in the flats “you may as well go home”

lunch (aspic!!)., iam glad to hear of my uncle ''ducking and weaving'' so to speak (it rols off the tong!!!!). i remember at metallurgy plant my uncle (kristaps) had smelting furnace given to his honor and of his colleague (industrial accident,no legs). isthis the same in Oxford united for famous (great) players? if so what/how are plyrs shown respect?

That year we stuffed them at their place was glorious, given how miserable every other experience there was.

Watching the gobby twerps in the flats vanish into their living rooms and not return to cop more flak from us Oxford fans as we battered them was very cathartic. I don’t think it was that close to the end of the season but I do remember leaving that hellhole after that win and really believing we were going to win the league. Bloody Stevenage!!

I may be a suspicious old Hector, but I am starting to suspect that Mr latvia.United might not be all he seems.

But to answer him, having a smelting furnace named in your honour isn't something we do in Oxford. Much more likely to be a Bessemer Converter, or one line of a rolling mill - something like that. That aspic for lunch sounds lovely.

I may be a suspicious old Hector, but I am starting to suspect that Mr latvia.United might not be all he seems.

But to answer him, having a smelting furnace named in your honour isn't something we do in Oxford. Much more likely to be a Bessemer Converter, or one line of a rolling mill - something like that. That aspic for lunch sounds lovely.
Or maybe a robot at the mini plant?

Well I for one am appalled at your cynicism.

Well, its much less likely since Lucy's foundry relocated to Thame, then 'closed'/ amalgamated with Sandawana foundry out (I think) near Witney, some years ago :sneaky:

lunch (aspic!!)., iam glad to hear of my uncle ''ducking and weaving'' so to speak (it rols off the tong!!!!). i remember at metallurgy plant my uncle (kristaps) had smelting furnace given to his honor and of his colleague (industrial accident,no legs). isthis the same in Oxford united for famous (great) players? if so what/how are plyrs shown respect?
This is wonderful. The Kristaps Grebis furnace of love. The man the legend.

It says on Wiki that his contact was terminated by mutual consent because “this period of his career wasn’t the best“

I wonder if that means his playing form or the team his was signed to? ?

Think he was signed on the basis of the "Greatest Goals Video" and the striking similarity to some of the Conference grounds & pitch`s........

We're not very clever in Oxford and have an irrational fear of people from Eastern Europe but a great love of birds. We decided to name a local bird after your Uncle: the Slavonian Grebes because of the similarity of their haircut to your Uncles and ability at diving. Unfortunately, our lack of geography and bad spelling means that many people do not know this to be true.

I salute your furnace!

Lūdzu runājiet lēnāk (a big Hello in my langage!!)! hey wow!, so many good times/memories/Videos of old days (come the Yellows!). my uncle (Kristaps,latvian striker) was one of greatest in western Latvian baltic sea border region.......from ''sea to shining sea'' (lowlands of Kurzeme to paper factory of Vidzeme)!!

he was big Mancheter united fan so coming to (premier) conference division was wow (great!!). my uncle has signe Oxford shirt (signed by himself) does Oxford untd also have Kristaps Grebis shirt in clubmuseum? many Thanks and kind returns.

Back
Top Bottom