Manager/Coach KR needs to go

2002 & 2003, surely? He was gone by the end of March 2004.

December 2002 was particularly memorable for me - started with the FA Cup tie against the Scum, then we beat Rovers in Bristol, then there was the bizarre Exeter game where half the crowd were queuing outside for Highbury tickets, then we thumped Bournemouth at home on Boxing Day (think they had someone sent off early?) before polishing off the month with a win in Rushden with (IIRC) a gorgeous David Oldfield lob sealing things.

Then we had our day out at Arsenal early in the New Year, before things went to hell!

Correct. Muddled dates, there.

We have, however, overlooked our more recent EFL Manager of the Month award which the OM has rightly cited (and Wikipedia has wrong listing Colin Calderwood). January 2005 saw Ramon Diaz win it. I’m sure it sits pride of place amongst his numerous top flight Argentinian titles and Copa Libertores medal!

In fact, the tongue-in-cheek write up from the LMA saw full well what a whacky appointment Diaz was. The kidnapping of his son was news to me. Good news in that his son wasn’t taken, bad news is that they both ended up causing untold horrors on the pitch and training ground for us …

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/ramon-diaz/

I’m adamant that the club should make contact with the team and have them over as guests of honour at some point. It would be good to see them all again.

Correct. Muddled dates, there.

We have, however, overlooked our more recent EFL Manager of the Month award which the OM has rightly cited (and Wikipedia has wrong listing Colin Calderwood). January 2005 saw Ramon Diaz win it. I’m sure it sits pride of place amongst his numerous top flight Argentinian titles and Copa Libertores medal!

In fact, the tongue-in-cheek write up from the LMA saw full well what a whacky appointment Diaz was. The kidnapping of his son was news to me. Good news in that his son wasn’t taken, bad news is that they both ended up causing untold horrors on the pitch and training ground for us …

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/ramon-diaz/

I’m adamant that the club should make contact with the team and have them over as guests of honour at some point. It would be good to see them all again.

Jean Marc Goiran apparently still looks out for our results, am sure they would come back if asked though probably only when we move from the Kass or the OGB is bade farewell to (I assume being barred from the ground is a lifetime thing?).

To be honest, its an absolute joke its not gone to Robbo this month. I know in the grand scheme of things its not really important, but bloody Darren Ferguson? A team with a 4 million pound strikeforce doing well in League 1. Whod have thought?!

Yes, a total joke.

Some clubs and their managers just don't fit what these awards bodies want. It must have been tight between him and Ferguson and perhaps they should have taken into account the previous month too. Robbo was unlucky not to win it then. In the past two months we have been responsible for the two stand out results by a L1 club this season - 6-0 away at a side in the play offs and battering PL opposition 4-0 in the cup - and still no recognition for the manager and players who have orchestrated it.

I hope Robbo tells the panel to stick their f****** award where the sun doesn't shine when he does eventually get the due credit.

Have you ever been so desperate for a poo you've not checked if there is any toilet paper before dropping bricks?

Delighted to hear this news.

Kiss of bloody death that reward.

It’s a marathon not a sprint and it’s all about the whole season, not just a month.

I am sure KR couldn’t give a flying f**k anyway, he is far too busy plotting our rise up the league, stealth like.

The curse hit Ferguson before he even knew he'd won the award, with a loss at Shrewsbury on Tuesday!

Not just based on another disappointing night, but since he’s been at the club- he clearly works hard and is passionate about football- but I just don’t believe he can put together a balanced squad or build a winning side. I’ve seen nothing to change my mind on him or any confidence it will improve. Sorry time for a change!!
Isn't it about time you requested this thread is taken down?

Could just rename it? KR need to go.... on holiday. KR needs to go .... for urgent toilet visit. KR needs to go... to the post office. KR needs to go.....shopping etc etc

We just dropped out of the play offs, let’s not change the thread title just yet.
Common sense. Were going well but our shocking start to the season means we are playing catch up.

Lets see where we end up before praising Karl as the second coming.