Manager/Coach KR needs to go

southcoastyellow

Not just based on another disappointing night, but since he’s been at the club- he clearly works hard and is passionate about football- but I just don’t believe he can put together a balanced squad or build a winning side. I’ve seen nothing to change my mind on him or any confidence it will improve. Sorry time for a change!!

I have to agree unfortunately. He wont go, but objectively, he should. Ran out of new ideas. Poor transfer record. Poor record in games.

Passionate and plays youth are the positives.

This thread isn’t really necessary but It’s definitely time for Robinson to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk. No more excuses. At the moment how many Oxford fans would be sorry to wake up to an OM headline of ‘Karl Robinson Leaves Oxford United’? Yes he cares and works hard but the league table and his over all record here speak for themselves. He needs to get organised and find some consistency. This is a big season for him. For me he has until Christmas, if we still haven’t found a successful formula by then I’ll be running out of patience with him.

For me I think he will bring it all together and we end up safely mid table again. Hopefully soon he will find a successful mix and formation like he did last season. However to get there I think he will persevere for a good while, like last year, with formations and teams that fit his system rather than the realities of the league. He will be helped when some of our players get fit as I think we are still playing catch up for the very late recruitment of players. Then with a bit of luck in Jan he will patch the holes in the squad (pace) in Jan and we will pull ourselves to safety again.

I agree with others on here I don't think KR is a great manager. He is to inflexible and pig headed for that. I think he is a fairly competent one though. I don't think he should have as much control of things as he does at the club. I also think we need someone to oversee recruitment and his role here should be greatly reduced. At the moment its a bit like groundhog day as we repeat last season. I am not sure unless we get very lucky with recruitment we will see this change no matter how long KR is here. He is one of those managers who is great for half a season, but needs half a season to get things right (or at least at Oxford where we see such a turnover in players each season that is what he is).

So while I am not worried about relegation I am already thinking we face another mid table finish season with early pain followed by a bit of hope. Its all a bit Meh.

Lets hope KR pulls it together and we start to fly (then posts like this will fade from memory). I think the fans need a pick me up to get us all excited and hopeful again.

Sunderland and Peterborough seems a long time ago now but sticking with my give him til xmas opinion.
think it would take something drastic for Tiger to get rid (well something more drastic than shipping loads of goals and not beating a poor Bolton team)

None of this really matters as has been pointed out already as he is going nowhere any time soon

Nice guy woth great enthusiasm for football in general and Oxford

Sadly it appears he is not as good a manager as he thinks and we would hope as we follow a similar path to last season - and this time he really has no argument as its definitely his team this time and he has been fully backed

Perhaps the biggest concern now is his desire to add yet another midfielder to the plethora we have already

But as I started with none of this matters as Tiger is not going to do anything

I'm not calling for KR's head, yet.
Not that it would make a difference, seeing as he is absolutely untouchable within the club.

However...is this really our ambition? Toodling around the middle of L1 with a squad that should on paper be doing much better, with no change in sight. Constantly without a real direction in terms of formation until everything "clicks" (that word again).

Dare I say it, but it's just boring watching OUFC at the moment. Yeah, we aren't Barcelona, but we SHOULD be demanding more.

Dare I say it, but it's just boring watching OUFC at the moment.

Can’t agree with that. Some of the build up play has been outstanding and a joy to watch. Frustrating that we can’t finish consistently of course.

Last night’s result was disappointing, but that is the second clean sheet for a defence that has struggled for the past few games. Playing Bolton in their first home game since the takeover, and subsequent signings, was never going to be easy.

Sometimes you have to point the finger at the players, once they step over the white lines down to them as well.

Not saying KR is blameless but you can see some players are just not at it like they should be!

He isn’t going anywhere, not having just signed a 3 year contract so we are stuck with him.

As he is staying I would like him to be pick the best formation for the players we have, and pick the players regardless of where they have come from etc. No more 4,2,3,1 just because he likes it even though we rarely get results with it, no more picking the Woodburn just because he is from Liverpool as he has little effect on games. Show some tactical nous and accept that we are an average (at best) league one side who may have adapt to how other sides play to get a result rather than just do the same thing over and over again.

But he won’t do any of that, he is a decent, hard working bloke who does a lot for the club, he has some qualities but he is so stuck in his ways that even if he changes for a game or two you know he will creep back to his favourite formation. Although he is only 39 he is an old hand as a football manager at this level but an old hand who is stuck in his ways and tactically inflexible, he has been figured (Cloughs Burton the best example of this) out and sides know what to expect now.

It would be better for us if he could change, just can’t see it happening.

However...is this really our ambition? Toodling around the middle of L1 with a squad that should on paper be doing much better, with no change in sight. Constantly without a real direction in terms of formation until everything "clicks" (that word again).
I asked this same question on the match day thread. I’d like to see us have a go at fulfilling the potential our team has, not constantly starting badly and then playing catch up for 3/4 of the season in an attempt to finish mid table. There’s no point in that and I do think attendances at home games are starting to reflect people’s feelings that there isn’t much point if we know how this is going to go. There’s a lot of apathy between the slowly sliding crowds and the quietness of those who show up.

That said, we do have more points than this time last season, so fair is fair for the time being. I know that isn’t saying much at all, but let’s see how this goes. I think we’ve got a good enough team and that the league is very difficult to be relegated from this season, so I’m personally all for giving this a while yet. I think a bog standard, competent manager would at least keep us safe even if they came in January, so I kind of want to see what happens with Robinson being made to keep going with the team he’s built. Either we’ll put a few results together and push up the table, and then see if we can make something of it, or we’ll just carry on this underwhelming plod towards lower mid table while being treated to some delicious claims and comments in the post-matches. I weirdly feel like it’s win/win in a strange sort of way.

So for me, Robinson in, and for a while yet. I want to see how this goes.

Can’t agree with that. Some of the build up play has been outstanding and a joy to watch. Frustrating that we can’t finish consistently of course.

Last night’s result was disappointing, but that is the second clean sheet for a defence that has struggled for the past few games. Playing Bolton in their first home game since the takeover, and subsequent signings, was never going to be easy.

Maybe I should reformulate that a bit. It's not boring to watch (in the sense of what we're doing)...it's boring and frustrating to always be in the same situation and without a clear vision for the season. Cups aside it's looking like we are aiming mid-table already and it's only September.

Would you call it boring if we were winning one nil every week and top of the league? I think not. Coventry was great entertainment.........and 3 goals last Saturday. I am not complaining.

Maybe I should reformulate that a bit. It's not boring to watch (in the sense of what we're doing)...it's boring and frustrating to always be in the same situation and without a clear vision for the season. Cups aside it's looking like we are aiming mid-table already and it's only September.

Exactly this and yet our Owner will continue his rhetoric to come and buy your tickets for the next home league game which is even aimed at the wrong audience.

The club need to be very careful as the season could be over before Christmas "Again" and you wont get much needed new fans forking out for a mid table tier 3 side.

I am all for us being entertaining, god knows, when we cut loose at the start of the season I started to think that we were really on to something. But we have failed to build on it and goals have been going in far too regularly at the wrong end.
Our toothlessness up front means that we don’t win games that really are there to be won. We really need to buck ourselves up or we will struggle all season and that will be such a criminal waste of time and energy for a group of players that I believe can really make something happen.
Get a f*****g grip on this KR, before you f**k it up entirely.