General KR - Looking Ahead Interview on iFollow

captainox

Interesting interview with KR on ifollow.

Training Ground
- Owners investing heavily in the training ground over the close season. With improved Gym and 2 further "state of the art" pitches to be installed.

Staff
- A Head of Performance has been appointed part-time to bring all the sports science side of things under one umbrella across the club (1st team, academy and women)
- A replacement for Chris Short has been appointed and is someone who has worked in the MLS and Aussie Rules.
- KR feels they are both step-ups as part of the focus of constant improvement.

Players
- We know who we want player wise and have some meetings with some of those in coming days.
- Power up top and wide, full backs. 2 or 3 wingers (of course!)
- Rob Hall has been told if he doesn't find a club, then we will find something for him and allow him to go out on loan (being discussed within the retained list thread)

Pre-Season
- Spain still booked for pre season and if we go, there will be games v Gibraltar* and Plymouth. We won't go if it remains an Amber country in terms of Covid (22nd June decision)
- Plan B exists, so we essentially have 2 pre-season schedules ready to roll.

* - I assume he means a select team from the Gibraltar league or a club side, rather than their national side.

Last edited:
I have always liked Rob Hall, however I think his time here has run its course.
I really can’t see him ever getting into our match day squad.
So why take up a valuable playing squad place?What is the point if he’s going out on loan
It was a mistake keeping him rather than Clare last year.
Is Rob KR’s love child?

i agree. I don’t understand it either.
It’s ridiculous to keep him on knowing that you will ship him out on loan immediately. His performances this season were league 2 at best.
I have great fondness for him and of course that goal down the road but he should not be part of our squad next year in any capacity.
i can only think there might be an underlying reason that is not public. Perhaps his mental health/wellbeing has been affected and the club want to take care of him.

So why take up a valuable playing squad place?What is the point if he’s going out on loan
Is Rob KR’s love child?

I think people is getting a little too wrapped up in this comment. Hall will probably find a new club and the point will be moot.

Is Rob KR’s love child?

Surely if Hall is going out on loan he won't take up a valuable playing squad place?!

But he would take up valuable spending.

If the pennies we would be paying Rob Hall are classed as valuable spending, then we're in a spot of bother.

The extension he got this season was a cut to his previous contract to reflect his injury record. (KR and Hall referred to this at the time of it being signed).
We don't know the details but I imagine it could well have been a minimal base weekly wage with appearance incentives etc. (Not that there was many of them this season!)

Back
Top Bottom