KR interviews

You don't know that is the case, 1 way or the other.

Well, he does. We all do.
One was full-time. This was is part-time. Very tough for our current md to be as effective. Not a fair fight in terms of experience either

One was full-time. This was is part-time. Very tough for our current md to be as effective. Not a fair fight in terms of experience either

I assume you then follow our current MD around at all times to know. You have no idea, just your preconceptions and assumptions.

Agree. Many many flagged off MAPP. Even Ashton was berated by a few for not firing 'his mate
KR is a manager who sounds far better when it is not just after a game.
A number of PL managers gave that problem.

Not firing his mate??? You mean he had faith in Appleton and knew he would become a fans favourite and one of the best managers we have had.

• React
Reactions: Ian

One knows an awful lot about running a football club, the other very little. One has vision the other a yes man.

Not firing his mate??? You mean he had faith in Appleton and knew he would become a fans favourite and one of the best managers we have had.
Again, let's not get carried away! I was a big fan of MApp but let's get it right. We struggled in his first season and took it to the wire in our promotion season when we should have had it wrapped up weeks before. We then had a solid season in league 1 but nothing more and you could argue that we bottled our trophy final against Cov. We made some great signings but also some duffs so it was hardly all sunshine and roses.

KR has been here for the tail end of last season and a couple of months of this. Results haven't been good enough, but probably on a par with MApp's first 20 odd games. He has also signed Whyte and developed Baptiste and Norman, as well as bringing in players like Browne and Holmes.

So not massively different at this stage of their management spell with Oxford, yet one in the fans favourite and GOAT, whilst the other is an incompetent gobshite?!

Any updates on the allegations you posted last week Hawkie? The Russian Loan Sharks and OxVox gaining from any cover up of financial irregularities (that weren't!).

I assume you then follow our current MD around at all times to know. You have no idea, just your preconceptions and assumptions.

So the current md is not part time? Forgive me if that’s incorrect. Likewise if Ashton was not full-time

Again, let's not get carried away! I was a big fan of MApp but let's get it right. We struggled in his first season and took it to the wire in our promotion season when we should have had it wrapped up weeks before. We then had a solid season in league 1 but nothing more and you could argue that we bottled our trophy final against Cov. We made some great signings but also some duffs so it was hardly all sunshine and roses.

KR has been here for the tail end of last season and a couple of months of this. Results haven't been good enough, but probably on a par with MApp's first 20 odd games. He has also signed Whyte and developed Baptiste and Norman, as well as bringing in players like Browne and Holmes.

So not massively different at this stage of their management spell with Oxford, yet one in the fans favourite and GOAT, whilst the other is an incompetent gobshite?!

Now there is some truth.

I got more incensed with Appleton in that first season then under Pep or Robinson. I remember coming on here after getting played off the park by Burton away and he had given a debut to Kemar Roofe and saying that he wasn't what we needed. Appleton made his white noise comment after losing to Hartlepool at home where we were dreadful. I wanted him out and you couldn't find much support for him on here too. Robinson gets it in the neck about recruitment. Does anyone remember how we had our pants pulled down by Tyrone Barnett in that January transfer window?

There were no 'signs' we were going to come good or get better, only worse if anything! That's how it was and then all of a sudden it clicked.

I look back fondly at Appleton's spell but not with rose tinted specs.

What I have learnt from that is to give players and managers more of a chance and to have a bit of realism to what I expect. Robinson wears his heart on his sleeve and says far too much too often, it is what it is and how the guy is. No one is perfect.

So the current md is not part time? Forgive me if that’s incorrect. Likewise if Ashton was not full-time

I suggest you read what Witney Wag actually said about our MD and then your defence of it.

Now there is some truth.

I got more incensed with Appleton in that first season then under Pep or Robinson. I remember coming on here after getting played off the park by Burton away and he had given a debut to Kemar Roofe and saying that he wasn't what we needed. Appleton made his white noise comment after losing to Hartlepool at home where we were dreadful. I wanted him out and you couldn't find much support for him on here too. Robinson gets it in the neck about recruitment. Does anyone remember how we had our pants pulled down by Tyrone Barnett in that January transfer window?

There were no 'signs' we were going to come good or get better, only worse if anything! That's how it was and then all of a sudden it clicked.

I look back fondly at Appleton's spell but not with rose tinted specs.

What I have learnt from that is to give players and managers more of a chance and to have a bit of realism to what I expect. Robinson wears his heart on his sleeve and says far too much too often, it is what it is and how the guy is. No one is perfect.

I was one of the few defending MApp in his first 6 months and could see what he was trying to achieve. Equally I can see what KR is trying to do, and there have been spells where we have looked like we only need a deflected shot or lucky goal to start a rout. Although of course results are not good, it is about seeing a little bit of perspective rather than having a knee-jerk reaction to every stroppy interview!

Ignorance is strength eh

Come on now Hawkie, you've invited everyone to the picnic now share the sandwiches!!

But then again, I'd expect nothing less from someone who plagiarised half their books!!!

KR had 10 games last season and a whole summer transfer window. The same could not be said about Appleton. 2 Wembley finals and automatic promotion is a fantastic return and in addition some very lucrative transfer deals that saw his boss turn a profit on players. Now 5 points from a possible 24 does not compare with our previous managers record at OUFC.

I am of the opinion that he is not of the standard of Thomas or Ashton, nowhere near.

Clearly, still guess work on your part.

And Kelvin Thomas, really?! Hahahaha. He's doing a fantastic job at Northampton obviously! He talked a good game but wasn't great here. I really hope you are trolling here.

Last edited:
KR had 10 games last season and a whole summer transfer window. The same could not be said about Appleton. 2 Wembley finals and automatic promotion is a fantastic return and in addition some very lucrative transfer deals that saw his boss turn a profit on players. Now 5 points from a possible 24 does not compare with our previous managers record at OUFC.

How many Wembley finals has KR missed out on? And how many of his signings have been sold? Comparing 3 seasons to 20 odd games is ridiculous and makes your argument look pretty stupid.

I was referring to what some people were saying about MAPP and Ashton on here half way through his first season ...

Back
Top Bottom