General Kosovo v England

Manorlounger

National anthem being played to the sight of England fans raising their beer! How very civilised. So unlike our own stadiums. ?

Am I alone in being perfectly OK in being able to go for a couple of hours in the afternoon one day a week without a beer?

And TBH seeing the state some people get themselves into before a game makes me glad about that. There was a 50-ish year old bloke at Hayes & Yeading in the left side of the stand who made a complete tit of himself. Effing and jeffing, shouting rubbish about us not being 'Yellows' but being 'United', swearing at whichever player was on the ball.... eventually an OUFC steward came over and told him to mind his language - there were young kids sitting close to him - and he eventually disappeared off somewhere else (thankfully!). If you are reading this, I'd suggest you knocked the boozing on the head a bit.

Am I alone in being perfectly OK in being able to go for a couple of hours in the afternoon one day a week without a beer?

And TBH seeing the state some people get themselves into before a game makes me glad about that. There was a 50-ish year old bloke at Hayes & Yeading in the left side of the stand who made a complete tit of himself. Effing and jeffing, shouting rubbish about us not being 'Yellows' but being 'United', swearing at whichever player was on the ball.... eventually an OUFC steward came over and told him to mind his language - there were young kids sitting close to him - and he eventually disappeared off somewhere else (thankfully!). If you are reading this, I'd suggest you knocked the boozing on the head a bit.
Full agreement but, it is a shame that we came to status we have now. If only folk could drink responsibly and enjoy the game without overdoing it. I don't usually drink on match days because I'll be driving but, I wouldn't mind a beer once in a while. Not a great beer drinker at the best of times so I don't miss out but the law barring alcohol in view of the pitch is just plain silly. Even those in boxes have to draw the curtains before having anything!

I was sat right by this bloke. It was unpleasant. Don’t think he was drunk though. Seemed educationally challenged. Replaced by 4 blokes who spent most of the afternoon swearing profusely about the political situation.
You get all sorts at football.

There was a 50-ish year old bloke at Hayes & Yeading in the left side of the stand who made a complete tit of himself. Effing and jeffing, shouting rubbish about us not being 'Yellows' but being 'United', swearing at whichever player was on the ball.... eventually an OUFC steward came over and told him to mind his language
I saw this fella before the game.
He was absolutely slaughtered.
He could barely stand as he staggered to the stand, he was shout-singing utter nonsense.
Pathetic really.

I was sat right by this bloke. It was unpleasant. Don’t think he was drunk though. Seemed educationally challenged. Replaced by 4 blokes who spent most of the afternoon swearing profusely about the political situation.
You get all sorts at football.
Wonder if those 4 were regular yf posters ? :unsure:;)

Totally agree.
We were also sat close to that guy, having followed him en-route to the ground with his beer glass in hand, totally off his head.
See it all the time at many away games, the “lads” on an away day trip, too many beers and then spend half the game asleep or in the loo.

I was sat right by this bloke. It was unpleasant. Don’t think he was drunk though.

If it's the same chap then (unless he was in the middle of having a stroke or some other medical emergency) he was definitely absolutely bladdered.

If it's the same chap then (unless he was in the middle of having a stroke or some other medical emergency) he was definitely absolutely bladdered.
Perhaps he is another Prince Andrew and has "absolutely no recollection of it happening".

Such a shame nobody commenting on this had the decency to offer their words of wisdom in person. Suppose it’s easier behind a username..

Such a shame nobody commenting on this had the decency to offer their words of wisdom in person. Suppose it’s easier behind a username..
The stewards sorted him out within 10 minutes and were keeping an eye on him from the start. I'm sure if he'd kept on then he'd have been told to shut up - not sure that people who didn't leap up to do so weren't 'decent' though, that's a very strange choice of word. Personally I don't see myself as a policeman to go over to a drunk, leery stranger and start laying down the law.

The bloke was deranged. Don’t be judgmental
He looked and acted drunk. Others on this thread have already said they they saw him drinking, even walking/staggering to the ground with a pint of beer in hand. So (whatever his usual mental state) he HAD been drinking! I think in this case I am quite happy in judging him as a drunken pillock, thank you doctor...

he wandered off, pissed off some more people, wandered back tried again near us, then when people were just taking the P**s out of him he walked over to a steward and asked to be let out of the ground (the steward came over and told us that - he was worried we were his friends and would think he kicked him out). Think we overheard him in the pub before the game too.

The bloke was deranged. Don’t be judgmental
‘Junior’ you weren’t there.

Another one of the old school Oxford fans who judge others - oh, an Oxvox member too. What a surprise.

Get your head out your a**e, plenty know you sucked up to Kassam like lots of well known others..

You lot don’t speak for me..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom