Kidlington Residence lack of Knowledge regarding the S/B Stadium

• Thread starter Deleted member 808
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 808

I really do hope that the Stadium Will be built at Stratfield Brake. My main concern is the local opposition in the area and the potential lack of knowledge from the local residence in Kidlington.

Last Tuesday my son and myself went to the MKdons match, we are Witney residents. That evening my wife at home had a phone call from her friend who lives in Kidlington. She lives in the vacinity of South Avenue Kidlington which is close the proposed stadium. She remarked about the stadium and commented "why on earth are they knocking down a stadium and building another here in Kidlington?". "What a waste and destruction to the local trees etc". "They are going to jump through a load of hoops for this to happen if at all". My wife commented that myself and my son had gone to the match (Tuesday). Her friend commented, " Gosh how many times a week are we going to have to put up with this?". I mentioned to my wife that her friend is miss informed I told her the real reasons why we are moving.

So my point is that OUFC and OXVOX are going to have to inform the local residence in the area the real reasons. I wonder that the local pressure groups/politicians who are against the stadium are deliberately miss informing the locals about the proposed move, will the local council elections have some effect on this?. ie a green councillor in that area who is against it, will throw a spanner in the works?. I think OUFC are going to have a battle on their hands.

its a small but very well organised collective who are the opponents of SB... they peddle misinformation in a way that even Putin's regime would think twice about claiming

the green councillor Ian Middleton, along with the chairwoman of several residents' pressure groups, and a local , oxford united hating, scout mistress appear to be the leading figures albeit they have a very organised network working with them, spreading all manner of ( seemingly) unchallenged erroneous information as facts

I really do hope that the Stadium Will be built at Stratfield Brake. My main concern is the local opposition in the area and the potential lack of knowledge from the local residence in Kidlington.

Last Tuesday my son and myself went to the MKdons match, we are Witney residents. That evening my wife at home had a phone call from her friend who lives in Kidlington. She lives in the vacinity of South Avenue Kidlington which is close the proposed stadium. She remarked about the stadium and commented "why on earth are they knocking down a stadium and building another here in Kidlington?". "What a waste and destruction to the local trees etc". "They are going to jump through a load of hoops for this to happen if at all". My wife commented that myself and my son had gone to the match (Tuesday). Her friend commented, " Gosh how many times a week are we going to have to put up with this?". I mentioned to my wife that her friend is miss informed I told her the real reasons why we are moving.

So my point is that OUFC and OXVOX are going to have to inform the local residence in the area the real reasons. I wonder that the local pressure groups/politicians who are against the stadium are deliberately miss informing the locals about the proposed move, will the local council elections have some effect on this?. ie a green councillor in that area who is against it, will throw a spanner in the works?. I think OUFC are going to have a battle on their hands.
The council are behind the move ( hopefully local elections won't change that) as are the sports teams being moved and I would think a lot of residents.
The opposition to date has been as you suggest misinformed and not particularly knowledgeable.
The club seem to know what they are doing and I am sure that they have planned the timing of the positive communication campaign.
I really wouldn't worry at this stage about a small number of uninformed local people ( who will in time receive the real facts)

I'm not concerned about local opposition in Kidlington and I doubt anyone connected with the application on OUFC's side is either. Residents will have their concerns but if they are unwilling to listen to facts of why we have to move and why Stratfield Brake is an ideal location then explaining it is just falling on death ears. All the pressure groups know the facts but they think the best course is to go down the route of giving out misinformation. Ultimately it won't matter and the sooner these people get use to the stadium and sports complex being on their doorstep the better for everyone.

Does Stratfield Brake have a lot to do with Kidlington Residents apart from the Sports played on it ! I bet you any money if it were a Tesco,Asda or Waitrose building a Supermarket they would welcome it ! TRAFFIC everyday ,Seven Days a Week clogging up the Roads yet O.U.F.C would only have the equivalent crowds ,at worse ,twice a week , at best ,once every Two Weeks ! You must not stop progress in society especially this scheme, such a boost for Oxfordshire !

"Kidlington Residence lack of Knowledge regarding the S/B Stadium"​

Which particular residence is it? Perhaps we could go round and explain to them over a cup of tea?

Does Stratfield Brake have a lot to do with Kidlington Residents apart from the Sports played on it ! I bet you any money if it were a Tesco,Asda or Waitrose building a Supermarket they would welcome it ! TRAFFIC everyday ,Seven Days a Week clogging up the Roads yet O.U.F.C would only have the equivalent crowds ,at worse ,twice a week , at best ,once every Two Weeks ! You must not stop progress in society especially this scheme, such a boost for Oxfordshire !
Screenshot_2022-11-13-16-23-22-33_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Don't think so????

They went the wrong way about it. If they would of put in an application for student accommodation or hundreds of homes on that site it would of got the nimbys backs up, then Sainsburys could of said on second thoughts we won't develop the land as long as we can expand our store.

I suffered the experience of being located there from 2011 - 2014. 3 years lost from my life.
Being a Headington boy & living my early adult years in Cowley, Wycombe, Hackney, Brooklyn & Miami prior to my first purchase in Kidlington.
At first I thought it wouldn't be too bad. Yet, soon realised it had an atmosphere of a morgue, moral compasses of something from the dark ages & an average overall mindset of something like 30 years ago.
The floods are too good for that place. Whilst I was there, wished a mini comet would take me and the rest out just to make this world a better place😆

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom