Matches kick off times moved forward

Do we know why or does everyone just want to get home earlier?

This could actually be something that has to happen in the lower leagues as the season pushes on. They’re not cheap to run. 1pm could well become the new 3pm this winter.
And (although I am an old 3pm/7.45pm traditionalist) that would seem to be very sensible in the current circumstances.

The 3rd is this weekend - it's part of "this" week.

The 10th is next week, so "next weekend" is not incorrect.
But if I said today that something is happening the weekend after next, I reckon most people would assume that is referring to 10/11 October not 17/18 October.

Not saying you are wrong, just that "next weekend" is ambiguous and leads to confusion so best to be more explicit.

Wednesday with a 7.30pm kick off is a "midweek" match.

None of this Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday pish at random times.

Wednesday with a 7.30pm kick off is a "midweek" match.

None of this Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday pish at random times.

Last weekend there was only four matches in the PL on a Saturday and only one kicked off at 3pm ...

But if I said today that something is happening the weekend after next, I reckon most people would assume that is referring to 10/11 October not 17/18 October.

Not saying you are wrong, just that "next weekend" is ambiguous and leads to confusion so best to be more explicit.
You have to say “ne-ext” weekend and do some waving hand movement.

The 3rd is this weekend - it's part of "this" week.

The 10th is next week, so "next weekend" is not incorrect.

Whilst I appreciate the explanation, can't see why anyone would think that's the logical way of looking at it. How can the Saturday coming next in the calendar not be next Saturday? Very odd.

Back
Top Bottom