Kevin Berkoe signs

“I was with Chelsea from the age of nine and then did my scholarship at Wolves. I played against Oxford in the under 23 cup last season and they were very impressive so now I want to try and force my way into the first team here because it’s a club that gives youngsters that opportunity.”

Starting to build a strong reputation for youth development! Love this. Looking forward to this transfer window!

“I was with Chelsea from the age of nine and then did my scholarship at Wolves. I played against Oxford in the under 23 cup last season and they were very impressive so now I want to try and force my way into the first team here because it’s a club that gives youngsters that opportunity.”

Starting to build a strong reputation for youth development! Love this. Looking forward to this transfer window!

For all we can criticise the club across many areas, this is one we *seem* to be getting right.

Dan Harris is a big asset, and credit to KR for providing a pathway for the promising youngsters too. Spasov, Lopes, Jones, James, Baptiste all gaining match time

Looks like a decent prospect with some experience at big clubs behind him. I’d be surprised if we see much of him in the first team in 2019-20 but glad that we’ve got one in early regardless.

For all we can criticise the club across many areas, this is one we *seem* to be getting right.

Dan Harris is a big asset, and credit to KR for providing a pathway for the promising youngsters too. Spasov, Lopes, Jones, James, Baptiste all gaining match time

I will admit, my issues with the club, over the course of last season were very much at board level. I think KR had very little say with a few signings last summer (Hanson, Smith) and did a couple of his mates a favour (Holmes, Carruthers) but after realising his mistakes, he really pulled his finger out in January and signed the type of players we should be looking to recruit.

With such a strong focus on youth, that can only be a good thing! I think KR is actually held in a higher regard than we realise at times; especially when it comes to youth development and first team opportunities.

Good luck Kev. Can't help but feel he will at some point go to Woking on loan before being released before his contract has come to its natural conclusion. Hope to be proven wrong. UTM!

Welcome and good luck.

I read that as he is Josh Ruffels's back up which with the way the squad is and KR's priorities makes sense especially with Elechi pushing him.

Good luck Kev. Can't help but feel he will at some point go to Woking on loan before being released before his contract has come to its natural conclusion. Hope to be proven wrong. UTM!

I always feel like there's a low risk/potential high pay off element to these signings.

All it takes is for one of these to really work out and we could be looking at millions of profit through straight up fees and future sell on clauses.

I will admit, my issues with the club, over the course of last season were very much at board level. I think KR had very little say with a few signings last summer (Hanson, Smith) and did a couple of his mates a favour (Holmes, Carruthers) but after realising his mistakes, he really pulled his finger out in January and signed the type of players we should be looking to recruit.

With such a strong focus on youth, that can only be a good thing! I think KR is actually held in a higher regard than we realise at times; especially when it comes to youth development and first team opportunities.
Doing a couple of mates a favour? Come on.
He brought them in as they had a very good pedigree and were excellent players.
Thos going mates a favour really is nonsense.

echoe the comments above really and hope he can be successful here. good luck to the young man

Doing a couple of mates a favour? Come on.
He brought them in as they had a very good pedigree and were excellent players.
Thos going mates a favour really is nonsense.

High wages, injury prone, prior history with KR. Sorry but as Holmes (although good in spells) and Carruthers go, they were quite poor signings for the money they were on - in my opinion anyway.

Back
Top Bottom