Ex Player Kemar Roofe

What did it say in the Sundays?? Roofe goal, if that had been against the scum at the County Ground would have all celebrated wouldn't we???

In the gossip column of the Birmingham Mail there appears to be three way interest in Kemal Roofe. Wolves, Southampton and Crystal Palace looking to bid in January.
Anyone know if we have a sell on clause?
I’m inclined to think though that Leeds will be able to keep their player as they are looking good for promotion with Palaca an Saints looking possibles for the drop

In the gossip column of the Birmingham Mail there appears to be three way interest in Kemal Roofe. Wolves, Southampton and Crystal Palace looking to bid in January.
Anyone know if we have a sell on clause?
I’m inclined to think though that Leeds will be able to keep their player as they are looking good for promotion with Palaca an Saints looking possibles for the drop

We’ve never had a player called Kemal Roofe ?

I believe we have a sell on clause for Roofe, and he played very well yesterday, so it's no surprise to see teams interested in him,

18 months of contract left and Leeds fan desperate he signs an extension soon, even if it makes him the clubs top earner. Well done lad! Suggest he is worth £15m - if he is sold on, do we get any? Does anyone really know?

Good luck to him. He dropped to league 2 and proved himself. Hope he gets a crack at the Premiershite. He'll be on mega wages soon.

18 months of contract left and Leeds fan desperate he signs an extension soon, even if it makes him the clubs top earner. Well done lad! Suggest he is worth £15m - if he is sold on, do we get any? Does anyone really know?

I’d be surprised & annoyed if we didn’t put a sell on fee on the deal to sell him knowing if he could do what he did in league 2 & do the same in the championship they would be premiership clubs interest in him, he could easily go for £10-15m at this moment in time hopefully with 20% or 25% sell on fee benefiting us, Wolves Crystal Palace Southampton all interested & all clubs struggling for goals

Players being honest? Its dog eat dog. Win at all costs?..........Absolutely. No prizes for coming second.
It’s only entertainment. Putting the ball in the net would have been a reflex, but imagine the credit he would have got if he’d owned up to the ref

I’d be surprised & annoyed if we didn’t put a sell on fee on the deal to sell him knowing if he could do what he did in league 2 & do the same in the championship they would be premiership clubs interest in him, he could easily go for £10-15m at this moment in time hopefully with 20% or 25% sell on fee benefiting us, Wolves Crystal Palace Southampton all interested & all clubs struggling for goals

Got to be worth 20m+ surely. Drop in the ocean for teams who need to stay up. Could be on 50k a week if he plays his cards right. Got the might of minimum Leeds top earner wages in his pocket. Hope his dad isnt his agent.

I will enjoy watching two of our ex players in a European final tonight, obviously be better if they were doing it with us but it’s still nice to see players push on after leaving us, plus it’s a selling point to any players we go after this summer.

Still a head scratcher how we never won that league with the players we had, I suppose not really having a goalie can be as bad as not signing full backs.

I will enjoy watching two of our ex players in a European final tonight, obviously be better if they were doing it with us but it’s still nice to see players push on after leaving us, plus it’s a selling point to any players we go after this summer.

Still a head scratcher how we never won that league with the players we had, I suppose not really having a goalie can be as bad as not signing full backs.

Lots of cup games in that season too.

Northampton were just so attritionally consistent at winning games that season. Perhaps with less attractive football but you can’t argue with the results.

The Cobblers lost no matches after 19th December. They went the rest of the season unbeaten. Astonishing consistency, really. They had some good players too. O’Toole, Marquis, Holmes, Marc Richards, James Collins.

I still don’t get the hate for our two keepers that year. Neither would even get close to a top 10 of our best ever goalkeepers but neither were completely Mike Salmon Mk II. Slocombe at home to Swansea and Buchel away at Barnet come to mind as decent games for both.

Slocombe home to Mansfield and away to Stevenage though 😬. The won the latter 5-1 but their goal …

The Cobblers lost no matches after 19th December. They went the rest of the season unbeaten. Astonishing consistency, really.

I don’t have the stats but Stevenage seemed similarly consistent in 2010 as they finished 11 points clear.

The Cobblers lost no matches after 19th December. They went the rest of the season unbeaten. Astonishing consistency, really. They had some good players too. O’Toole, Marquis, Holmes, Marc Richards, James Collins.

I still don’t get the hate for our two keepers that year. Neither would even get close to a top 10 of our best ever goalkeepers but neither were completely Mike Salmon Mk II. Slocombe at home to Swansea and Buchel away at Barnet come to mind as decent games for both.

Slocombe home to Mansfield and away to Stevenage though 😬. The won the latter 5-1 but their goal …
Yeah, I can never really understand the hate either. Both have kept playing at roughly the standard we were at back then, namely the fourth tier of English football. Both of course with their issues...Slocombe never came for a cross in his life whereas Büchel charged out and got lucky many, many times (Millwall away) but only had one absolute stinker of a game (can't remember which but remember following it on text from the DIY store). Still maintain the save at Barnet was instrumental in us going up.

What didn't help is the enforced changes in goal. Slocombe started out and was average enough, Büchel came in in the cup and then ended up taking the jersey on performance. If it stayed like that for the rest of the season we would have been much better off. Unfortunately his dad got ill and he had to go back home for a few weeks, then Slocombe again dropped a couple before Büchel rounded the season off.

Not inspiring by any means, but good enough to get us up...they'll be just as much promotion legends in my eyes as Sandwith, Day and Hargreaves in the conference or Wood, Carter and Angel in 1996.

Roofe on the bench this evening and Lunny starts. Available on YouTube I believe.

Yeah, I can never really understand the hate either. Both have kept playing at roughly the standard we were at back then, namely the fourth tier of English football. Both of course with their issues...Slocombe never came for a cross in his life whereas Büchel charged out and got lucky many, many times (Millwall away) but only had one absolute stinker of a game (can't remember which but remember following it on text from the DIY store). Still maintain the save at Barnet was instrumental in us going up.

What didn't help is the enforced changes in goal. Slocombe started out and was average enough, Büchel came in in the cup and then ended up taking the jersey on performance. If it stayed like that for the rest of the season we would have been much better off. Unfortunately his dad got ill and he had to go back home for a few weeks, then Slocombe again dropped a couple before Büchel rounded the season off.

Not inspiring by any means, but good enough to get us up...they'll be just as much promotion legends in my eyes as Sandwith, Day and Hargreaves in the conference or Wood, Carter and Angel in 1996.

Maybe this one? Buchel for the first 😬.

May as well balance it out. The Barnet save at 0.18.

We would have missed out if we hadn't beaten Wycombe! Terrible thought

Back
Top Bottom