General Kelleher and Martin

Jason N

In the Oxford Mail article regarding Dwight Tiendalli, Ivo Pekalski and Mike Williamson leaving there is no mention of Kelleher and Martin.

KR Quote:
“We’ve said it’s not 100 per cent, but if you look at our centre back situation you’ve got Nelse (Curtis Nelson), Mous (John Mousinho), Rob (Dickie) and (Charlie) Raglan, who is out on loan doing very well and is a good age.

There have been discussions with one or two others as well, but we’ll wait to announce the official list."

I'd like to see Raglan and Kelleher as backup to Nelson and Dickie as our first choice Centre Backs.

In the Oxford Mail article regarding Dwight Tiendalli, Ivo Pekalski and Mike Williamson leaving there is no mention of Kelleher and Martin.

KR Quote:
“We’ve said it’s not 100 per cent, but if you look at our centre back situation you’ve got Nelse (Curtis Nelson), Mous (John Mousinho), Rob (Dickie) and (Charlie) Raglan, who is out on loan doing very well and is a good age.

There have been discussions with one or two others as well, but we’ll wait to announce the official list."

I'd like to see Raglan and Kelleher as backup to Nelson and Dickie as our first choice Centre Backs.

Mousinho will be back up also as he looks to be preferred in CM.

Am interested to see Kelleher. Has a decent number of games on loan and hopefully can make an impact on the first team.

Feel a bit sorry for Martin. Had a decent run at the turn of the year but looks both injury and error prone. One of the few MApp signings after his first year that appears not to have worked!

I'd rather we signed another decent Midfielder than use Mous' there. KR mentioned Samir Carruthers as a potential signing. I'm not sure Mous' would want to be a bit part player, especially at his age.

I'd rather we signed another decent Midfielder than use Mous' there. KR mentioned Samir Carruthers as a potential signing. I'm not sure Mous' would want to be a bit part player, especially at his age.

Not saying it’s the best option, but it’s an option. Mousinho messing about at the back is sub optimal (one for Mr Cannels’s thread!), in midfield I think he would be more effective.

With so much work to be done in the attacking areas of the squad - positions that will cost the most money - I don’t think there will be too much of an overhaul at CB. Nelson and Dickie first choice with Mous and Raglan with, possibly, Kelleher as back up would be more than adequate meaning more to spend on more urgent areas.

We also have promising Berry-Hargreaves coming through and with an U23 squad being built it’ll be interesting to see what players come in from other clubs that might push for first team places

KR Quote:

I agree.

Is there a chance KR wants rid but doesn't want to say so as he is hoping to get a (small) fee for them and you don't do your bargaining position much good by saying in public that you don't have someone in your plans

Back
Top Bottom