Transfer News Kash Saddiqi

I like the idea of building a global brand, so long as he isn't running a boilerroom scheme selling shares claiming some sort of university affiliation. (Perhaps should put this under the Stocks and Shares pyramid scheme thread instead).

I like the idea of building a global brand, so long as he isn't running a boilerroom scheme selling shares claiming some sort of university affiliation. (Perhaps should put this under the Stocks and Shares pyramid scheme thread instead).
No thanks, we're all legal and above board you know?

I can get you in, if you want. No charge, honest guv!

poppadoms, samosas and onion bahjis at half time washed down with a bottle of singha?! :) :) all jokes aside id like to understand this signing......

He's not been signed to play for us. He won't even make an appearance or the match day squad. He's been signed to increase the brand "Oxford" in India. That is why Tiger and co are here after all.

I suppose we could loan him to Mumbai Utd or Delhi counter(y) or Islamabad City or Lahore Rovers or Bombay Arbroath.........

I don’t have a problem with this at all. Kash Siddiqi seems a very impressive fella, I hope his foundation has great success in spreading its message. A slightly unusual situation for us but isn’t it great that we have owners who are looking at every opportunity to spread the Oxford United brand and build the club in such varied ways? It shows forward thinking and ambition once again and if it’s associated with a positive cause supporting peace and anti-discrimination where’s the downside?

1) The words "former professional footballer"
2) The fact that he has only played 9 matches, all for Springfield Demize back in 2009
3) He was at his last club, Northampton Town, between 2013-2014

4) Springfield Demize played in the US Premier Development League - which is a regional league at the 4th level of the US football pyramid. Best guess is that's roughly Hellenic League standard.

So I think it's fair to say he's here to explore commercial rather than footballing opportunities for the club. Which is no bad thing.

4) Springfield Demize played in the US Premier Development League - which is a regional league at the 4th level of the US football pyramid. Best guess is that's roughly Hellenic League standard.

So I think it's fair to say he's here to explore commercial rather than footballing opportunities for the club. Which is no bad thing.

The same level as Seacoast United play at, a mix of college players and part timers.

I had to double check the URL & date here lads.
I too, at first was a little surprised & came here to get some insight. I would assume many others have & will do so. Reading through a lot of posts, have to wonder how that’ll reflect upon our/OUFC image?
Personally, I don’t think they would even shift 5 or more of his jerseys in Asia.
I live in Singapore & nobody gives a feck about any team or player outside of the Prem. I think that would echo around East & West Asia too.
It would be like a semi-retired British international water polo player make shift coach, signing for a team based in the Philippines & their fans thinking what a lucrative move & how many pairs of Speedos will this Brit sell back in Britain.
Com’on read between the lines. Hopefully, Sid still can bring valve to OUFC in ways not all can see.

I had to double check the URL & date here lads.
I too, at first was a little surprised & came here to get some insight. I would assume many others have & will do so. Reading through a lot of posts, have to wonder how that’ll reflect upon our/OUFC image?
Personally, I don’t think they would even shift 5 or more of his jerseys in Asia.
I live in Singapore & nobody gives a feck about any team or player outside of the Prem. I think that would echo around East & West Asia too.
It would be like a semi-retired British international water polo player make shift coach, signing for a team based in the Philippines & their fans thinking what a lucrative move & how many pairs of Speedos will this Brit sell back in Britain.
Com’on read between the lines. Hopefully, Sid still can bring valve to OUFC in ways not all can see.

I think it is more for support of his Charity and what that does/represents and getting linked to that rather than Kash's playing career.

Back
Top Bottom