Transfer News Karls Jan wish list

Sarge

God like member
As we move towards the pantomime season KR has 3 wishes for the jan window ..... heres hoping the board can deliver them wishes like the proverbial genie in the bottle unleashed ......

Part of the initial discussions about Taylor included an option to buy in January and I'd be amazed if that didn't happen. He can only play for us and Bristol City this season snd is out of contract in the summer, so it's in everyone's interest to conclude a deal. City will get a nominal fee, Taylor will get the security of a longer deal (2.5 years I believe) and we keep a settled side. Likely success rate 90%.

Chris Cadden will be interesting with, I believe, a deal being put in place to keep him on loan until the end of our domestic season, with the potential for a permanent deal in the summer. Although it seems like the original deal was done in good faith, Colombus are looking at an opportunity to get a fee for someone that hasn't cost them a penny to date. Likely success rate 50%.

Of those being looked at, I understand that Baptiste (PL) and Dickie (Championship) are the most likely to attract bids. The injury for Brannagan has dampened interest a little, and Fosu, whilst possibly the standout player so far, is believed to be difficult to manage and a greater risk. Baptiste is someone we could cover when the likes of Brannagan, Thorne, Woodburn and Hanson are fit, but the club are looking to protect him and ensure any move is right for him, and won't cash in for the sake of it. Dickie has a young family now and would consider a jump up the pyramid with higher wages, but is very much aware of how that has worked out for Nelson. My gut feeling is that we will keep these key players until the summer but may lose a couple then.

Simon Eastwood is a little more settled than earlier in the season and the club is supporting him with getting time at home with the family. However, I'd be amazed if he was still here next season and I think the club will listen if there is interest in January. I believe we have a long term replacement linked up if this happens.

The final player is Sam Long who has been on year to year contracts recently and wants greater security. The club really value him, but as a squad player, and therefore whilst I'm sure they'll look at another contract extension I'm not sure it will be on very much money. There has been some interest in him this season from at least one Championship club and several more in league 1. I'm guessing that any future contract offer would depend on the situation with Cadden, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on if not backed here.

Interesting Scotchegg.
I can understand Baptiste's potential but of course at the moment Brannagan is of far more importance to us this season.
I hadn't thought about Sam Long. Anybody in L1 wanting a solid right back could do a lot worse than Long. Maybe Oxford will be tempted to offer him a longer contract (but like MAPP, KR seems to like one very attacking full back and one more solid one , so even if Cadden went I could see KR trying to being in another attacking right back)

Part of the initial discussions about Taylor included an option to buy in January and I'd be amazed if that didn't happen. He can only play for us and Bristol City this season snd is out of contract in the summer, so it's in everyone's interest to conclude a deal. City will get a nominal fee, Taylor will get the security of a longer deal (2.5 years I believe) and we keep a settled side. Likely success rate 90%.

Chris Cadden will be interesting with, I believe, a deal being put in place to keep him on loan until the end of our domestic season, with the potential for a permanent deal in the summer. Although it seems like the original deal was done in good faith, Colombus are looking at an opportunity to get a fee for someone that hasn't cost them a penny to date. Likely success rate 50%.

Of those being looked at, I understand that Baptiste (PL) and Dickie (Championship) are the most likely to attract bids. The injury for Brannagan has dampened interest a little, and Fosu, whilst possibly the standout player so far, is believed to be difficult to manage and a greater risk. Baptiste is someone we could cover when the likes of Brannagan, Thorne, Woodburn and Hanson are fit, but the club are looking to protect him and ensure any move is right for him, and won't cash in for the sake of it. Dickie has a young family now and would consider a jump up the pyramid with higher wages, but is very much aware of how that has worked out for Nelson. My gut feeling is that we will keep these key players until the summer but may lose a couple then.

Simon Eastwood is a little more settled than earlier in the season and the club is supporting him with getting time at home with the family. However, I'd be amazed if he was still here next season and I think the club will listen if there is interest in January. I believe we have a long term replacement linked up if this happens.

The final player is Sam Long who has been on year to year contracts recently and wants greater security. The club really value him, but as a squad player, and therefore whilst I'm sure they'll look at another contract extension I'm not sure it will be on very much money. There has been some interest in him this season from at least one Championship club and several more in league 1. I'm guessing that any future contract offer would depend on the situation with Cadden, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on if not backed

The final player is Sam Long who has been on year to year contracts recently and wants greater security. The club really value him, but as a squad player, and therefore whilst I'm sure they'll look at another contract extension I'm not sure it will be on very much money. There has been some interest in him this season from at least one Championship club and several more in league 1. I'm guessing that any future contract offer would depend on the situation with Cadden, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on if not backed here.
Sam long won’t go new contract incoming

Back
Top Bottom